COMPLETE[PLAY]The Tender Husband by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oho ! indeed, the anger is running rampant here :lol: this will be a hilarious scene in the end. Well done, Campbell, all PL ok. Your part here is done :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: May 31st, 2019, 5:24 am I have to be out of touch for a few days. I'll explore this when I return.

If possible, I'll listen to your Fainlove files and try to figure out what is going on before I shut down here. Certainly am curious about it!

Thanks, Todd
Well, what a curious character is this Fainlove. Certainly glad I heard your take on it before recording my lines!

All PL OK. I think the voice changes are perfect throughout, completely coordinated with the character changes.

(I still need to investigate the Jenny/Lucy bit.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 6th, 2019, 6:50 amWell, what a curious character is this Fainlove. Certainly glad I heard your take on it before recording my lines!

All PL OK. I think the voice changes are perfect throughout, completely coordinated with the character changes.
I'm happy you liked my characterization. And yes, I am also curious about how you will play your part. I had a certain image of this guy in my mind when I created my part. He definitely wasn't a wholly nice character, I mean, he has a mistress, doesn't treat her too well, but wants her to trick his wife into cheating. :roll: But on the other hand, he seems to have a soft-spot for the mistress as well, and in the end, he clearly defends her against the wife. So it's in a way a very romantic (but complicated relationship). I think this ambiguity helped me develop my part.

Or maybe I'm interpreting too much into it :lol:

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Jenny?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:32 am Can I have Jenny?
yay, that makes us fully claimed, thank you so much, Elsie :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Mr Clerimont Senior begs the favor of your kind PL upon his lines to be found in the MW.

Thank you, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 26th, 2019, 7:13 amMr Clerimont Senior begs the favor of your kind PL upon his lines to be found in the MW.
excellent job, Todd :clap: Oh and in the end he is a real charmer with his wife, who would have thought this guy had it in him ? And I think you based your character quite well on how I perceived him as Fainlove. It was probably fortunate you listened to my part first. :mrgreen:

I see you kept the name Jenny...I still think it's a mistake and it might be confusing with the other Jenny we have in there. But unfortunately I couldn't find any other manuscript where there is a different name. So we have to make do with that. :?

In any case, everything brilliantly acted out. You swerve from manipulating lover to doting husband in 12 minutes. Good job. All PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I looked things up on the web, and "Jenny" was apparently applied as the generic name for a country lass or servant girl.

So I see it as Clerimont dismissing his former and no longer useful mistress Fainlove by putting her (back) in the same place as Jenny his wife's maid. He has the affection of his wife back so Fainlove can just be tossed aside, regardless of what promises he has made to her. So "run along little servant girl, I never really cared about you and don't even know your real name...."

Note earlier in the play, in combined scenes with Mrs Clerimont, Fainlove, and Jenny, how Fainlove plays a somewhat different role from that of the other Jenny - but only becuz she (Fainlove) is mistaken for a man. Otherwise she still has much the duties as Jenny - carrying the lapdog, for example.

Ouch. Some social progress in the last 300 years perhaps....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 26th, 2019, 12:43 pmI looked things up on the web, and "Jenny" was apparently applied as the generic name for a country lass or servant girl.
aha ok...it's a bit unfortunate that there are two Jennys in this play then
So I see it as Clerimont dismissing his former and no longer useful mistress Fainlove by putting her (back) in the same place as Jenny his wife's maid. He has the affection of his wife back so Fainlove can just be tossed aside, regardless of what promises he has made to her. So "run along little servant girl, I never really cared about you and don't even know your real name...."
have I already mentioned that this guy is not really a gentleman ? :evil: dismissing the girl after all the things she did for him !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Todd,

I'd like a small extension for Mr. Pounce, please.

Thanks!
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

A small extension for Mrs. Clerimont, as well, please. She's all recorded. Just needs to be edited. :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Sorry for dropping the ball here Todd... Could I please reclaim the stage directions? I'll have it done by this weekend. Thank you.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd