COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

sadclown wrote: July 17th, 2019, 8:28 pm I'm interested in reading Aunt Priscilla's part. Though one of her lines in Chapter 1 will be hard to get out. :shock:
Thank you! Indeed - she has some very offensive things to say :?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

ej400 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 3:40 pm Hey Elsie, may I claim Lieutenant Hawthorne? I like that name
Sure!
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
EnNar

Post by EnNar »

HI,

This is the completed Chapter 10 for Doris :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_10_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 6:36.46 (m:ss.ss)

From,
Navin (EnNar) :P
--- :D ---Navin--- :) ---
High School Junior
All my recordings
----------------------------
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Can I claim #14 Mrs. Perkins Chapter 13?

Thanks
~B
Aysee

Post by Aysee »

May I read Miss Recompense? I'm new on LibriVox, and I'd like my name in the catalogue to be Angie.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

BLNEW wrote: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 pm Can I claim #14 Mrs. Perkins Chapter 13?

Thanks
~B
All yours!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Aysee wrote: July 18th, 2019, 9:47 pm May I read Miss Recompense? I'm new on LibriVox, and I'd like my name in the catalogue to be Angie.
Hello! Welcome to Librivox! First things first:

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the part you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Since you claimed a dramatic part, the recording process is a little different than a section for a normal group project. You don’t have to say the LibriVox disclaimer. Instead begin your recording with “Role name read by your name”. Then read each line. Please leave a space of ~3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the final chapter together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.

In the meantime, I’ll save the part for you for a month (since you’re a newbie and they sometimes disappear)! Don’t hesitate to ask if you still have questions! :D
Last edited by elsieselwyn on July 19th, 2019, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

EnNar wrote: July 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm HI,

This is the completed Chapter 10 for Doris :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_10_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 6:36.46 (m:ss.ss)

From,
Navin (EnNar) :P
Thank you! I’m away from my computer, but I’ll put your section in the MW when I get home :D
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Aysee

Post by Aysee »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 19th, 2019, 7:10 am You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the part you requested.
I'll do that. But since I'm from New Zealand and have a kiwi accent, the test will sound a lot different to what I'll sound like when I record for the character. But I assure you, I am very good at imitating accents, so you have nothing to worry about.
AKPWujcik

Post by AKPWujcik »

I can read section 4 and section 8.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Aysee wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:11 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: July 19th, 2019, 7:10 am You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the part you requested.
I'll do that. But since I'm from New Zealand and have a kiwi accent, the test will sound a lot different to what I'll sound like when I record for the character. But I assure you, I am very good at imitating accents, so you have nothing to worry about.
Oh you’re fine! The one minute test is more to check that your tech specs are fine. Librivox does not discourage readers based on accent - so your kiwi accent or any other accent you want to use is totally fine. It’s all part of the fun! :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

BLNEW wrote: July 19th, 2019, 3:28 pm Mrs. Perkins: 14 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsperkins_13_128kb.mp3

~B
Thanks!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

AKPWujcik wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:26 pm I can read section 4 and section 8.
Hello! Welcome to Librivox! First things first:

In order to put your claim officially in the system, I have to put in a name for you to be credited by in the catalog. Do you want to be known by forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the parts you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Since you claimed a dramatic parts, the recording process is a little different than a section for a normal group project. You don’t have to say the LibriVox disclaimer. Instead begin your recording with “Role name read by your name”. Then read each line. Please leave a space of ~3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the final chapter together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.

In the meantime, I’ll save the parts for you for a month (since you’re a newbie and they sometimes disappear)! Don’t hesitate to ask if you still have questions! :D