COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: July 17th, 2019, 3:19 am
silverquill wrote: July 17th, 2019, 3:15 am Wow, I can't believe I missed so many things.
I went over this several times. Ugh.
don't beat yourself up, it was really a long section. And at least it keeps me on my toes ;)

Sonia
Can't hold two thoughts together tonight, so I didn't get very far editing the corrections. Maybe I'll have a go in the morning, but doing extra duty with family member unexpectedly in the hospital.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fsurget wrote: July 17th, 2019, 9:35 am Here's Herbert Fulkerson, Act 3... but this time... I think maybe I should add some water... feel free to tell me...
:lol: this guy is a real pain in the butt. Woah, Frédéric, you really know how to sound drunk (I wonder why.... :mrgreen: ) it is a wonderfully hilarious performance. I'm happy that my Jimmie Birch has some dialogue with your Fulkerson, this will sound cool together, she is so sober and strict, and he is so foolish. What a contrast.

BTW I found it funny when you had to say "Valse, cri de coeur" with a horrible accent, even though I know you can say it totally accurately :lol:

I did find a few things to correct though, so get back to your bottle and into the right spirit to record a few more lines ;)

in Act 2:

> at 0:32: "and Nita Trevenna. [Going to the new comers.] Hullo, Daphne!" - you have to be careful when stage directions are in the middle of your speeches, there you would have to leave 2 seconds of silence as well, otherwise it will be difficult for our long-suffering editor to cut out accurately

> at about 1:46: you missed the “Men” lines: “Many happy returns of day! Many happy returns of the day! Many happy returns of the day!” / “Ha, ha, ha!” / “Many happy returns of the day!

> at 1:57: “Time! Time! [To those standing at the counter.] ’Low me. “ – also here, we need a break between to insert stage directions

> at 2:31: misspirch’nth’stage. [Distinctly.] Misspirch - also here, longer pause

> at 2:44: Than’g. [Pouring some whiskey into a tumbler.] You take sodaw’er - also here

> at 2:59: I am awfully fond of the gals! [Putting his empty glass upon the counter and making for the door on the left.] Be they ebon or blond - and here :mrgreen:

in Act 3:

> at about 1:07: missed line: “I am dreadfully fond of the gals!

> at 1:12: Missdure, may I have th’ grea’ pleasure——? [Shaking her.] Missdure - again, longer pause please

> at about 1:20: missed “Others” lines. I think it would be cool if we had a totally drunk voice in there as well 8-) : "Bravo, Lal!" / "Bravo, Carlton! Bravo, Smythe!" / "Bravo, Morrie!"

> at about 1:34: another “Men” line: "Ta-ta! Ta-ta! Ta-ta!"

thanks for this really funny performance. I would love to see you actually on stage in this role :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: July 17th, 2019, 10:42 am here is Albert Palk:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_palk_2_128kb.mp3 (0:27)
and a great performance as well, Sandra (albeit much shorter and less drunk that Frédéric) And you missed no All lines :thumbs: everything perfect, I like the boisterous tone of voice.

thank you, PL ok.

Sonia
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

Hey Sonia !

Sorry... I forgot about the poor editor !
I guess I'll have to get up, reach the bar, and pour me some 24-year-old Irish whiskey, forget 'bout soda, and have a jolly good time with ma gud ol' friend Mike :'D

I'll be back soon !

Have a good day !

Frédéric
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fsurget wrote: July 18th, 2019, 1:17 amI guess I'll have to get up, reach the bar, and pour me some 24-year-old Irish whiskey, forget 'bout soda, and have a jolly good time with ma gud ol' friend Mike :'D
LibriVox is not to be held responsible for any liver-damage ! :mrgreen:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sorry for the delay, but unexpected circumstance keeping me away. Just as soon as I can.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 18th, 2019, 6:14 amSorry for the delay, but unexpected circumstance keeping me away. Just as soon as I can.
I am sorry about this Larry, please take care of yourself. We are not yet fully claimed even, so I guess we can wait a bit till your life is less busy again.

All the best

Sonia
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

Air hair lair !

Here's the new de-liver-y...hope I did not skip too many this time ( O shame...:'( )

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_herbertfulkerson_2_128kb.mp3
New duration : 3:37

next one in an hour or so... seagulls' will ;)

Enjoy

Frédéric
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Yes, seagull cries would not work in the background of a downtown London theater....

Todd
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

Back !

Got rid of the seagulls, and finally edited / fixed Act 3...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_herbertfulkerson_3_128kb.mp3
New duration : 2:02

Have a great day/evening, wherever you all are :D

Frédéric
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

My pleasure Todd !

Or maybe we could build a Seagull theatre next to the Swan ;)

Frédéric
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Caw! Caw! Honk! Honk!

Act 1 is assembled. Missing Roper so it is not complete yet so can't be PL'd. But you all sound great. I couldn't possibly say who I like more from amongst you all!

But my favorite Pinero line in Act 1 is easy: Love-sick suitor says to Mind-the-Paint Girl Lily "Put me out of my misery!" hoping she will agree to marry him. She says "With poison?"

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fsurget wrote: July 18th, 2019, 8:30 am Air hair lair !
Here's the new de-liver-y...hope I did not skip too many this time ( O shame...:'( )
:lol: oh my, he is even drunker than before. I couldn't help laughing with each sentence here. This is brilliant. I mean, I wouldn't want to stand next to this guy at a party, but here for the play he is perfect. :thumbs:

Everything in and PL ok now

Thanks Frédéric and as soon as you've sobered up, I hope I hear you in another role ;)

Sonia
jeugenet

Post by jeugenet »

I’d like to read Carlton Smythe.

James Thomas