COMPLETE[stories] A bunch of keys, where they were found and what they might have unlocked -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both so much! :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have orphans!
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I know I claimed section 6, and then gave it up because while waiting for PLing of 5, I got involved with an eleven hour solo production (Catriona), then a number of smaller contributions, but this was still on my mind, and noticed that 6 had been taken, then evidently nothing done with it, and as soon as I got finished with another couple of short ones was going to PM you and see if I might be able to try 6 again and low and behold, 6 is now open.

I am sure this is the longest 'claim' post you have ever had, but may I claim 6 (again) please?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi wayne, my apologies for the (very) late reply! you are signed up :) thank you!
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Carolin,

Thanks for the second chance. Don't worry about the time, I was just a little worried that something untoward had happened to you. :(
Glad to hear you back. :clap:

Here is my attempt at Section 6 https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Time: 38:40

After I finished this, I thought to go back and listen to the part I did months ago. I wish I had done it before, but such is life. Live and learn.

Wayne

Carolin, I have thought about it, :hmm: listened to the first one again, and have decided that I would like you to PLEASE disregard the link I just posted. :roll: I am going to do this again. I really am not pleased with it. I am sorry. It will take me a while to get to it, but I will, and I am sure that I will feel better about it.

Wayne (again)
Wayne
Skweeky

Post by Skweeky »

Can I sign up for the three parts of the Gilbert story?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Carolin,

I think I have become addicted.

Here is my next try at Section 6:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Time 40:53

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 17th, 2019, 10:29 pm Here is my next try at Section 6:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Time 40:53
Nice to have you back on this project, Wayne. Great characterizations and accent work.
I found a few minor corrections that should be made before I can give section 6 PL OK status.

9:13, bottom of pg.70: There is an audio anomaly possibly by editing surrounding "While the gentlemen were finishing their wine, after the ladies had left the table".

27:05, middle of pg.80: The line "I know I did, said Lord George" is repeated.

Starting at 30:15 until the end of the 30th minute, there are instances in words like "coward" and "stop" where the decibels were too high and clipped the audio. I recommend lowering the volume of these small sections until the visual waveform doesn't hit the limit.

There is background noise throughout the recording but a simple fix would be selecting the last few seconds of the recording as a sample and then going to Effect < Noise Reduction, and following the provided steps to perform an overall noise reduction.

Thanks!
~ Stefan V.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

Here is the next attempt of Section 6. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Time:40:51

I corrected the one, deleted the dup, and toned down on the loud stuff.

As for the noise, I tried the suggestion, and the result didn't sound good to me at all. Way too 'sterile' and and also changed the sound coming out. It added what sounded like 'extra' sounds. Kind of hard to explain. Even when I used noise reduction (which I have used occasionally in the past) on short parts, it just didn't sound right. Maybe I am used to the 'natural' human voice in natural surroundings. I hope that this can pass muster.

Wayne
Wayne
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 18th, 2019, 5:22 pm Here is the next attempt of Section 6. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Section 6 is now PL OK!

The background noise is minimal and was more of a suggestion in comparison to the other notes. It's nothing significant enough to affect the discerning of the narration. All of the essential fixes have been made.

Thank you for your contribution, Wayne.
~ Stefan V.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

svonb002 wrote: July 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Kalamareader wrote: July 18th, 2019, 5:22 pm Here is the next attempt of Section 6. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_06_various_128kb.mp3

Section 6 is now PL OK!

The background noise is minimal and was more of a suggestion in comparison to the other notes. It's nothing significant enough to affect the discerning of the narration. All of the essential fixes have been made.

Thank you for your contribution, Wayne.
Stefen,

Your welcome, and Thank You for all your work.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Carolin,

May I claim Section 3?

We might as well finish up that story.

Thanks

Wayne
Wayne
mercurial

Post by mercurial »

Hello! Seems sections 10 and 11 of this work are still available? If so, I'd like to claim section 10 to help finish this project!
(Just got minute test-OK so this might be my very first real contribution!)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mercurial wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 11:07 pm Hello! Seems sections 10 and 11 of this work are still available? If so, I'd like to claim section 10 to help finish this project!
(Just got minute test-OK so this might be my very first real contribution!)
Hello, mercurial, and sorry for the delay here. Are you still interested in the claims?

And I have added previous claims to the window too.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Skweeky wrote: July 17th, 2019, 7:14 pm Can I sign up for the three parts of the Gilbert story?
Oops, sorry I missed that, you are added now.
Leni
=================