COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DuckTD wrote: July 5th, 2019, 11:43 am Mrs. Upjohn, Act 4 is here.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_mrsupjohn_4_128kb.mp3
It is 6 minutes and 35 seconds long.

Hopefully it's good to go. I had to insert an 'ah' at 5:36, so that's done now. :)
thank you, Tracy and yes Mrs Upjohn is all in the clear now. :thumbs: PL ok. Congrats to your first stage role (at least here on LV)

Sonia
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

[/quote]
thank you, Tracy and yes Mrs Upjohn is all in the clear now. :thumbs: PL ok. Congrats to your first stage role (at least here on LV)

Thank you! I enjoyed it, and with your positive feedback and support, I would definitely do it again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DuckTD wrote: July 6th, 2019, 4:46 pmThank you! I enjoyed it, and with your positive feedback and support, I would definitely do it again.
:9: yay, please do !!!! Looking forward to that. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I will be Albert Palk and put my heart into saying: "Here's the governor". You will not be disappointed. (I hope) ... better get practicing...
benderca

Post by benderca »

catharmaiden wrote: July 13th, 2019, 4:43 am I will be Albert Palk and put my heart into saying: "Here's the governor". You will not be disappointed. (I hope) ... better get practicing...
Don't forget to do your vocal warm-up exercises, Sandra. I would recommend a good 15-20 minutes of warm-up to get your vocal chords ready for such a challenging role... :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: July 13th, 2019, 4:43 am I will be Albert Palk and put my heart into saying: "Here's the governor". You will not be disappointed. (I hope) ... better get practicing...
:lol: and let's make sure you won't forget the several "ALL" lines :mrgreen: yes, like TJ said: warm-up practices might help

thank you !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Assembling first act. Ye'all sound great together - can't wait for the big party scenes in Act 2!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ToddHW wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:18 pm Assembling first act. Ye'all sound great together - can't wait for the big party scenes in Act 2!

Thanks, Todd
Well, then, I suppose ye'll need the stage directions, so here ye go:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3 49:53
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:31 pmWell, then, I suppose ye'll need the stage directions, so here ye go:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3 49:53
thank you, Larry, yay another lengthy act in the box. And you really get carried away by the mayhem, especially at the end ;) this will be a lot of bustling about all through the act :lol: I'm curious how it all will sound.

I found a few errors and missing lines, but not too many, considering how long it was:

> at 2:39: “next to old Arthur” – this is definitely Cooling speaking, not the narrator ;) can be cut

> at about 4:26: missed line: “Reading

> at about 4:40: missed line: “Roper whistles

> at 6:02: missed line: “Smythe, a silk hat on the back of his head, an overcoat on his arm—regarding the preparations with disgust.” instead you have another line here, starting with “von Rettenmayer enters at the door….” which can be cut as it’s repeated at the right spot at 8:10

> at about 18:21: missed line: “shaking hands

> at about 21:17: missed line: “Smythe to Lily

> at about 28:23: missed line: “To Roper

> at about 28:28: missed line: “singing

> at about 32:17: missed line: “bowing to Mrs Stidulph

> at 34:57: Lily: “to the others” – this is Lily speaking, can be cut

> at 35:07: “another follows with the ices” – you forgot “follows” which makes it sound a bit strange

> at 42:19: Lily walks away from Farncombe – you say “walks away with

> at 48:47: “out at the right-hand door at the back” – you say “and back”

thanks

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Wow, I can't believe I missed so many things.
I went over this several times. Ugh.
Well, I'll get on these corrections just as soon as I can.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 17th, 2019, 3:15 am Wow, I can't believe I missed so many things.
I went over this several times. Ugh.
don't beat yourself up, it was really a long section. And at least it keeps me on my toes ;)

Sonia
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

Hey !

Here's Herbert Fulkerson, Act 2...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_herbertfulkerson_2_128kb.mp3
Duration : 3:14

Hope I didn't skip lines...

Have a good day

Frédéric
fsurget

Post by fsurget »

Hey again !

Here's Herbert Fulkerson, Act 3... but this time... I think maybe I should add some water... feel free to tell me...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_herbertfulkerson_3_128kb.mp3
Duration : 1:37

Read you later, and hope not to give you too much trouble...

Frédéric
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both. MW updated.

Todd