[COMPLETE] Ann by Lechmere Worrall - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elizabby wrote: May 29th, 2019, 11:27 pm Hi Elsie! I'd be happy to DPL the finished piece for you!
Elizabby, I have uploaded the stage directions for all three acts. No rush to PL these! :D

I tried to only include descriptions of movement if it was pertinent to the narrative (if Ann and Edward were having a dance of moving closer and then further away from each other for instance). I omitted all the descriptions of how they are speaking (loudly, fiercely, etc.) because that will be communicated through the other readers' audio unless they were combined with another relevant stage direction in the same phrase/sentence. Also, I could not figure out what BUS. stood for. Possibly busy? Anyway, when it showed up, I skipped it unless the stage directions didn't make sense by themselves and then I said "busy". If you have a better suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll redo the lines.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! I’ll PL these soon!
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 9th, 2019, 12:19 pm I have my last act.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/ann_edward_3_128kb.mp3
9:21
Thanks, Campbell!
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 8th, 2019, 6:22 pm Also, I could not figure out what BUS. stood for. Possibly busy? Anyway, when it showed up, I skipped it unless the stage directions didn't make sense by themselves and then I said "busy". If you have a better suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll redo the lines.
I asked my sister, who is an opera singer and actor’s union card carrying member - she says it stands for “business” which means unscripted or improvised actions by the actor - I guess it’s the movement equivalent of “ad lib” for lines. In any case I don’t think we need it in the audio version so I reckon just cut it out in editing as you go. I’ll PL those files today I think - do you need the time stamps of the “busy” lines?
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elizabby wrote: July 9th, 2019, 4:57 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: July 8th, 2019, 6:22 pm Also, I could not figure out what BUS. stood for. Possibly busy? Anyway, when it showed up, I skipped it unless the stage directions didn't make sense by themselves and then I said "busy". If you have a better suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll redo the lines.
I asked my sister, who is an opera singer and actor’s union card carrying member - she says it stands for “business” which means unscripted or improvised actions by the actor - I guess it’s the movement equivalent of “ad lib” for lines. In any case I don’t think we need it in the audio version so I reckon just cut it out in editing as you go. I’ll PL those files today I think - do you need the time stamps of the “busy” lines?
I would appreciate it if you gave me the time stamps for the “busy” lines, but you don’t have to :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Just two missed lines :D

1:36 "Now sir"

6:21 "Shhh"
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Stage Directions Act 1, PL notes:

The intro is all fine, but it would be usual to put the Cast List in here, and there doesn't seem to be space for it, neither is there your voice credit to mark the spot, which I was expecting. It usually sounds like this:

"Ann" by Lechmere Worrall, LV disclaimer, Cast List with voice credits (in which the stage directions read by... is usually last) then "Act 1, Scene...

@4:36 I think it is supposed to say "Gently laughing"
@10:34 the word is "Exeunt" (ex-ee-oont) which is for a group of actors leaving the stage at the same time.
@21:37 I don't think you need "warning for curtain" as this is a staging instruction not meant for the audience.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elizabby wrote: July 11th, 2019, 8:45 pm Stage Directions Act 1, PL notes:

The intro is all fine, but it would be usual to put the Cast List in here, and there doesn't seem to be space for it, neither is there your voice credit to mark the spot, which I was expecting. It usually sounds like this:

"Ann" by Lechmere Worrall, LV disclaimer, Cast List with voice credits (in which the stage directions read by... is usually last) then "Act 1, Scene...

@4:36 I think it is supposed to say "Gently laughing"
@10:34 the word is "Exeunt" (ex-ee-oont) which is for a group of actors leaving the stage at the same time.
@21:37 I don't think you need "warning for curtain" as this is a staging instruction not meant for the audience.
Thank you! I'll fix these soon :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I've uploaded act 1 stage directs for Spot PL.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 11th, 2019, 10:20 am

How's this?

9:30
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:40 am
elsieselwyn wrote: July 11th, 2019, 10:20 am

How's this?

9:30
PL OK :thumbs:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Through PM, benderca has relinquished her claim on Mrs. Hargraves. The part is now open
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Stage Directions Act 2 PL Notes:

@1:17 "puts kettle on hob" (sounds like "hog" to me here?)
@1:33 I don't think you need the actor instruction "Exit Edward Right" which you've just said in the stage setting.
@10:36 You have said what's in the text, but I think this is a scanning error and should be "kettle in left hand, shoe in right hand."
@17:26 "exeunt" sounds like "excellent" here.
@20:44 "warn curtain" can come out.

Just a comment that the "busy with golf stick" you've said makes perfect sense so I'd leave it as is. Most of the other lines "busy" is either appropriate or omitted, so let's not change them.

I think you'll find when putting it all together that you don't need some of the purely directional movements such as "coming down Centre" or "moving to R.C". These aren't useful in an audio version. I think only the "action" directions, such as the stuff with the shoe and the nightdress, need to be included.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Stage Directions Act 1 is now PL OK!