[DR] The Blind Brother by Homer Green - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

TriciaG wrote: July 9th, 2019, 10:15 am
Those things are updated. Do you want to MC?
I'm full up on MC projects right now, so no. :) I just sometimes cruise the Launch Pad and find things that need correction, in order to make it easier for whichever MC does show up. ;)
Well I appreciate you catching that!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
ej400

Post by ej400 »

When I click the link to the google docs, it says page not found. Luke, can you provide us with a new link?
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

ej400 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 11:52 am When I click the link to the google docs, it says page not found. Luke, can you provide us with a new link?
Sure and done!
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Until we get a Mc I’ll be keeping tracks of roles claimed here:

Narrator: Ej400
Tom: cowguy02
Sandy/Dpl : elsieselwyn
Editing: Campbell
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Oh by the way Luke - you should probably get rid of the ~ :9:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 10th, 2019, 4:52 am Oh by the way Luke - you should probably get rid of the ~ :9:
Thank you :D
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello, I am blind so I really ask you to change this summary. What to you mean "be cured"? Blindness is not an illness. It is a permanent condition with which many people live very fulfilling lives. And what do you mean "even if it means years of blindness"? Do you really think blindness is the worce thing in the world? I can tell you that it is not. Please change the summary to show some respect to those, like me, who live with blindness and love it. Something like "help his brother gain sight" and "even if it means years without success" or something like that. I am really disappointed this is the way people here look at blindness.
Stav
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

miss stav wrote: July 10th, 2019, 11:54 am Hello, I am blind so I really ask you to change this summary. What to you mean "be cured"? Blindness is not an illness. It is a permanent condition with which many people live very fulfilling lives. And what do you mean "even if it means years of blindness"? Do you really think blindness is the worce thing in the world? I can tell you that it is not. Please change the summary to show some respect to those, like me, who live with blindness and love it. Something like "help his brother gain sight" and "even if it means years without success" or something like that. I am really disappointed this is the way people here look at blindness.
Stav
Hi there, I’m sorry that the summery offended you. I have made a few changes but the moral is still the same. Of course many people live very fulfilling lives such as Fanny Crosby who wrote 300 hymns as a blind person, however the moral of this story is that Tom is trying his hardest to afford a operation that would revers Bennies lack of sight. I’m very sorry to hear of your conditions and once again apologize that you found the summery offensive. If you have any more issues feel free to post them here or pm me.

Have a nice day!

Luke C
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Luke,
thanks a lot for the quick response and for the corrections. Only one more thing: not "endure blindness" but "remain blind" would look really better.
Please do not be sorry for me. I love being blind, and so do most of my blind friends. We believe we got a gift. We understand that others may not see it that way. Of course the moral is the same, like in The Secret Garden. I endure the moral of such books when I think about modern books which treat disabilities the way I do. Thanks again for your collaboration. Perhaps, if you want a more balanced picture of blindness, you can read the greak tragedies with the blind profit who knew everything. He was my inspiration for many years, along with Helen Keler.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

miss stav wrote: July 10th, 2019, 12:48 pm Hi Luke,
thanks a lot for the quick response and for the corrections. Only one more thing: not "endure blindness" but "remain blind" would look really better.
Please do not be sorry for me. I love being blind, and so do most of my blind friends. We believe we got a gift. We understand that others may not see it that way. Of course the moral is the same, like in The Secret Garden. I endure the moral of such books when I think about modern books which treat disabilities the way I do. Thanks again for your collaboration. Perhaps, if you want a more balanced picture of blindness, you can read the greak tragedies with the blind profit who knew everything. He was my inspiration for many years, along with Helen Keler.
Stav.
Ooh yes I love Helen Keller biographies! I read a ton of them when I was young after my brother devolved his eye disease
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Luke,

I can MC this for you.

The MW is started, I created 20 sections - you can add more using the section compiler if you need to.

You will need to decide on a few keywords before this goes into the catalog.

I am moving this over to "Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works".

David O
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Great thank you so much! I think we are ready for claims. Ended up with 53 Sections (A bit more then expected)

Claim away

***NOTES ON CLAIMING IN THE FIRST POST. PLEASE CHECK THOSE BEFORE YOU CLAIM
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, guys!
I'll think about this. I was considering the Lawyer, but I can hardly read the words through the heavy brown coloring! And, it one chapter it looks as if there is another character of the same color. So, I may sit this one out or go for a smaller part.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

silverquill wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:13 pm Hi, guys!
I'll think about this. I was considering the Lawyer, but I can hardly read the words through the heavy brown coloring! And, it one chapter it looks as if there is another character of the same color. So, I may sit this one out or go for a smaller part.
Hi there! Sorry about that. This is my first DR so still getting the hang of things.

I can look for a different color for the lawer. I’m just running out of types of highlights. Maybe I could just do a different text color for him. If you want the role go ahead and claim it. I’ll figure something out.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cowguy02 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:53 am
silverquill wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:13 pm Hi, guys!
Hi there! Sorry about that. This is my first DR so still getting the hang of things.

I can look for a different color for the lawer. I’m just running out of types of highlights. Maybe I could just do a different text color for him. If you want the role go ahead and claim it. I’ll figure something out.
Yeah, I understand that, and I don't use Google docs that much, so I'm not sure what options are there. I know in word, I color just the text rather than the background, which makes it easier.

What I see in a lot of DRs is just color coding chapter by chapter. That way you have to use only enough colors for the characters who are actually in that chapter. This does mean that the colors vary for each character from chapter to chapter, but as long as the color key is given at the beginning of each chapter it isn't too confusing.

If I could download the document, maybe I could manipulate it on my end.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry