[Complete] Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

morpheus2969 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 12:17 pm
Lynnet wrote: May 30th, 2019, 10:26 am
morpheus2969 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:16 am Oops! It looks as though I have missed my window for submitting Chapter 8 as it has been reassigned. You can delete if you would like. Sorry I took so long.
You get 2 months from the date of claim. You can always request an extension if you realize you are going to need longer.
If you look back through the thread, you will see you claimed section 8 on January 8.
Your absolutely right. This is on me.

Again, my apologies I should have asked for an extension or relinquished the chapter.

Should I delete the submission so there's no confusion?
No need. I will delete it from the server. Please feel free to claim any open chapter.
morpheus2969

Post by morpheus2969 »

Thanks
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey, Lynnet! I will have my sections ready in the next week - I just have to edit them so please don't orphan them just yet!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chs 8 and 9 PL OK.

Ch 10
13:15-17 the volume drops right off, and there is an echo.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:02 am Here is section 10 corrected: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/maryanerley_10_blackmore_128kb.mp3 (16:19)
Thank you
GillH

Post by GillH »

Can I take 13, 14 and 15?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

GillH wrote: July 14th, 2019, 12:11 pm Can I take 13, 14 and 15?
Absolutely
Ldan4th

Post by Ldan4th »

I would like to claim section 16, if I may. This will be my first submission, so I may need some patience as I am sure to commit all the 1st timer's mistakes. :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ldan4th wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:10 am I would like to claim section 16, if I may. This will be my first submission, so I may need some patience as I am sure to commit all the 1st timer's mistakes. :)
Welcome to Librivox!
I see you have done your one minute test :thumbs:
Please be sure to read the first post as all the information you need is there, but if you have questions, please ask.
I will enter you in the catalog of readers using your forum name. If you'd prefer your real name, I can easily change that... just let me know. If you click on your name in the MW (Magic Window), you will see your personal catalog page.
Aisha17

Post by Aisha17 »

Hi,

I would like to volunteer for Chapter 52 "The Scarfe"

I am a beginner so this would be my first reading though I have read all the instructions for beginners and have submitted my "1 Minute Test" under the "Listerners and Editors wanted" section.If you like you can listen to it first as I will provide the link for you here as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_aisha.mp3

Plz feel free to provide your valuable feedback so that I can start my reading.
Aisha :P
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Aisha17 wrote: July 27th, 2019, 3:23 am Hi,

I would like to volunteer for Chapter 52 "The Scarfe"

I am a beginner so this would be my first reading though I have read all the instructions for beginners and have submitted my "1 Minute Test" under the "Listerners and Editors wanted" section.If you like you can listen to it first as I will provide the link for you here as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_aisha.mp3

Plz feel free to provide your valuable feedback so that I can start my reading.
Once you have your approval on your test, you are set to go!
The first couple of recordings can be daunting, but it gets easier. I would suggest the following:
1. Keep a drink nearby. Your mouth may get dry. Some people also apply chapstick.
2. Read more slowly than you think you should. It makes it easier for listeners to follow and also means you will make fewer mistakes.
3. You will make mistakes! Just let the recording continue, but back up and reread the sentence, then keep going. That works for when the wrong words come out of your mouth, or if you realize it would be better said with different expression. You can then edit out the flubs.
4. Expect editing to take twice as long as recording at first. As you get more experienced, that ratio improves, but it still takes a long time.
5. Noise cleaning!
6. Remember this is fun!

Please ask if you have questions.
sophiagannaoui

Post by sophiagannaoui »

Hi! Can I read section 28 please?