Hello from Vienna

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MarcusChristopher

Post by MarcusChristopher »

Hey all,

so, first of all, thanks for accepting me to the LibriVox community. A little bit about myself:

Like with many creatives, the course of my life hasn't been exactly straight. I live in Vienna, Austria, and I am currently working self-employed as a post productioner and graphic designer. This has been my main occupation for almost 20 years, but in recent years I have also started to "preach what I practice", so to speak: I have started to teach prepress, design and typography at a local university.

Beyond that, starting from the mid-nineties, I also worked as a professional magician for many years and studied physical theatre both in Finland and California. Although the classes never really focussed on speaking, they also included quite a bit of professional voice training. Eventually I realized that I didn't enjoy acting as much as I enjoyed speaking... ;) But I found that I could put the voice traing to good use, when I had to speak at conferences and lectures.

Now, with my professional life developing the way it is, I guess I will not become a professional narrator anymore. However, as I said, I quite enjoy using my voice, so I'm looking for opportunities. And joining the LibriVox community looks like a pretty good one. :)

I am looking forward to contributing to some community projects (in German language) soon.
Cheers,
Marcus
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Gruessi!

Ich habe Deinen Test als [OK] markiert - ein perfekter Einstieg! Wir haben relativ viele Projekte auf Deutsch offen im Moment, einfach was Passendes aussuchen. Du kannst auch ein ganzes Buch solo lesen, aber ich wuerde zum Einstieg ein paar Abschnitte in einem Gruppenprojekt vorschlagen, damit Du weisst was auf Dich zukommt. :wink:

Viel Spass auf LV! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MarcusChristopher

Post by MarcusChristopher »

Vielen Dank fürs Willkommen-Heißen.Ich nehme an, das Forum "Readers Wanted: Languages other than English" (viewforum.php?f=60) ist der beste Platz, um offene Projekte in deutscher Sprache zu finden? Oder gibt es noch eine andere Suchmöglichkeit?

Ja, ich werde wohl zunächst einfach einige Texte zu den Gedicht- und Prosasammlungen beitragen, um mir den Ablauf genauer anzusehen, bevor ich ein größeres Projekt beginne. Ich nehme an, jedes Projekt braucht einen Projektkoordinator? Oder ist es auch möglich, in Eigenregie einen Text zu lesen und hochzuladen?