OPEN [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 9th, 2019, 7:50 am

Alice Royall, Cato, and Chapter 1 of Doris are all PL OK :thumbs:

cowguy02
Posts: 631
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » July 9th, 2019, 8:32 am

Can I have James manning?
Hey look! I can finally be around a bit more! However if you feel like I'm missing something please shoot me a PM and I'll look at it ASAP
Projects that need readers
Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard
The Blind Brother[/color]

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 9th, 2019, 8:53 am

cowguy02 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:32 am
Can I have James manning?
Yes please! Thank you Luke :D

cowguy02
Posts: 631
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » July 9th, 2019, 9:39 am

elsieselwyn wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:53 am
cowguy02 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:32 am
Can I have James manning?
Yes please! Thank you Luke :D
All righty here they are. I put them in one file because there are so few it made no since to upload 4 files. :D Fun part.
Hey look! I can finally be around a bit more! However if you feel like I'm missing something please shoot me a PM and I'll look at it ASAP
Projects that need readers
Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard
The Blind Brother[/color]

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 9th, 2019, 9:42 am

cowguy02 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:39 am
elsieselwyn wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:53 am
cowguy02 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:32 am
Can I have James manning?
Yes please! Thank you Luke :D
All righty here they are. I put them in one file because there are so few it made no since to upload 4 files. :D Fun part.
Did you forget to include the link? :D

cowguy02
Posts: 631
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » July 9th, 2019, 9:52 am

elsieselwyn wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:42 am
cowguy02 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:39 am
elsieselwyn wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:53 am


Yes please! Thank you Luke :D
All righty here they are. I put them in one file because there are so few it made no since to upload 4 files. :D Fun part.
Did you forget to include the link? :D
Forget??!?? Who me? (looks embarrassed and pastes link here https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_[james-manning]_[24]_128kb.mp3 )

Of course not :D
Last edited by cowguy02 on July 9th, 2019, 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey look! I can finally be around a bit more! However if you feel like I'm missing something please shoot me a PM and I'll look at it ASAP
Projects that need readers
Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard
The Blind Brother[/color]

Alyssa08
Posts: 5
Joined: March 4th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Post by Alyssa08 » July 9th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Hi there. Can I please claim section 7. Jane.

Thank you!

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Alyssa08 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 1:27 pm
Hi there. Can I please claim section 7. Jane.

Thank you!
Absolutely! :D

EnNar
Posts: 40
Joined: April 8th, 2019, 6:51 am

Post by EnNar » July 9th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Hi there

This is Doris Chapter 2 :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_02_128kb.mp3

Track Length
7:25.23 (m:ss.ss)
 
I'll get to work on Chapter 3 :) :D :) :D


Thank you
Navin :P
(EnNar)

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 9th, 2019, 7:24 pm

EnNar wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Hi there

This is Doris Chapter 2 :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_02_128kb.mp3

Track Length
7:25.23 (m:ss.ss)
 
I'll get to work on Chapter 3 :) :D :) :D


Thank you
Navin :P
(EnNar)
Yay! Thank you, Navin!

EnNar
Posts: 40
Joined: April 8th, 2019, 6:51 am

Post by EnNar » July 10th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Hello Again :P

Here are the completed Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 for Doris :clap:

CHAPTER 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_03_128kb.mp3

Track Length
0:35.34 (m:ss.ss)

CHAPTER 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_04_128kb.mp3

Track Length
2:16.93 (m:ss.ss)


Chapter 5 is on the way :) :D :D :)


Thanks Again
Navin
(EnNar)

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 10th, 2019, 4:49 pm

EnNar wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 3:40 pm
Hello Again :P

Here are the completed Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 for Doris :clap:

CHAPTER 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_03_128kb.mp3

Track Length
0:35.34 (m:ss.ss)

CHAPTER 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_04_128kb.mp3

Track Length
2:16.93 (m:ss.ss)


Chapter 5 is on the way :) :D :D :)


Thanks Again
Navin
(EnNar)
Yay!!!!

verycherrey
Posts: 57
Joined: July 4th, 2019, 1:41 am
Location: Paradise, California

Post by verycherrey » July 10th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Can someone double-check the text in Chapter 12?

There is only one entry for Mrs. Leverett: But I feel like this paragraph doesn't make any sense.

"MRS. LEVERETT: "Have you hung up your cloak, Doris? Are you sure you know your spelling? I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect! The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking! Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book. Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things.""

Should it be separated into 6 phrases?:

MRS. LEVERETT:
"Have you hung up your cloak, Doris?
Are you sure you know your spelling?
I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect!
The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking!
Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book.
Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things."
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1643
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 11th, 2019, 6:55 am

verycherrey wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Can someone double-check the text in Chapter 12?

There is only one entry for Mrs. Leverett: But I feel like this paragraph doesn't make any sense.

"MRS. LEVERETT: "Have you hung up your cloak, Doris? Are you sure you know your spelling? I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect! The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking! Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book. Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things.""

Should it be separated into 6 phrases?:

MRS. LEVERETT:
"Have you hung up your cloak, Doris?
Are you sure you know your spelling?
I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect!
The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking!
Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book.
Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things."
It is a little odd, but that is how the original text has it. I think you could put little pauses between the phrases as if she’s pausing to do something in between each phrase. I think the author wants us to think of her hurrying and trying to get Doris to bed so she’s kind of jumping from idea to idea.

KevinS
Posts: 4589
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 11th, 2019, 7:16 am

elsieselwyn wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 6:55 am
verycherrey wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Can someone double-check the text in Chapter 12?

There is only one entry for Mrs. Leverett: But I feel like this paragraph doesn't make any sense.

"MRS. LEVERETT: "Have you hung up your cloak, Doris? Are you sure you know your spelling? I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect! The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking! Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book. Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things.""

Should it be separated into 6 phrases?:

MRS. LEVERETT:
"Have you hung up your cloak, Doris?
Are you sure you know your spelling?
I do wonder if you will ever get those tables perfect!
The idea of such a big girl not knowing how to knit a stocking!
Don't sit there looking into the fire and dreaming, Doris; attend to your book.
Jimmie boy is away ahead of you in some things."
It is a little odd, but that is how the original text has it. I think you could put little pauses between the phrases as if she’s pausing to do something in between each phrase. I think the author wants us to think of her hurrying and trying to get Doris to bed so she’s kind of jumping from idea to idea.
I don't mean to make things difficult, but I think that the little girl is remembering all that Mrs. Leverett has said to her. And she is remembering it all as a rush of thought as she lies there in bed. So I think the reading should be swift, but not racing. It is a good idea for Mrs. L to read these lines, but it could be Doris just as well.
7 Dec: I have lost my voice. (Can you believe it?!) I'll still be PLing, however, so lay it on.

Post Reply