Ch IX pt 1 is OK to publish! :)
clöde

Post by clöde »

Thanks kmerline for doing the proofread so quickly. :D
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

clöde wrote:Thanks kmerline for doing the proofread so quickly. :D
Indeed!
[size=75]He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams[/size]
Rowen

Post by Rowen »

Ahh finally, after having my old pc crash on me and lost almost the whole file, I've got this done. :) I have to say its quite depressing listening to him just talk about them killing birds left right and centre because they can. :(

File has been uploaded to your folder on Anita's server. :)

kmerline, I've adjusted my noise cleaning settings slightly, so not sure if it'll have done much but let me know if there's still a background tone to it.
[size=92][url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=684]My LV Projects[/url] | Like Arthurian legend? Why not try [u][url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15518]Le Mort d'Arthur Vol 2[/url][/u]?[/size]
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Rowen wrote:Ahh finally, after having my old pc crash on me and lost almost the whole file, I've got this done. :) I have to say its quite depressing listening to him just talk about them killing birds left right and centre because they can. :(
Ahh, its a different time now, isn't it? As they say in Nepal: Ke Garne? What to do?

Anyway, thanks Rowen!
[size=75]He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams[/size]
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Rowen, Ch XVII pt 3 was perfect! I didn't hear the tone. :)
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Woo-woo! Another section down!

Looks like we might actually finish this project someday!

Thanks everyone!!!
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

not.a.moose wrote:Woo-woo! Another section down!

Thanks everyone!!!
You say that like we're six months past due! :lol:
Karen S.
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

gypsygirl wrote:
not.a.moose wrote:Woo-woo! Another section down!

Thanks everyone!!!
You say that like we're six months past due! :lol:
It's just seemed like it's been on my plate for a long time. Not complaining, mind you, but my availability for projects has certainly shifted in the past few months!
rtperson

Post by rtperson »

kmerline wrote:
rtperson wrote: (Want any more excuses? I got at least four more back here! :) )

Anyway, it's uploading right now. More to come soon!

Roger
The perversity of technology! :evil:

After all that, I am sorry to have to point out that at 23:33 of this section, there is a short spurt where two voices are talking. I know you will soon get the best of it! :)
OK, it's fixed and uploaded. I also caught two typos (talk-os?) while I was at it. The link is on the Magic Window.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you, rtperson, Sec 6 is OK to catalog.! :)
shoes

Post by shoes »

Hello
I am trying to record part2 of Chapter 9, SantaCruz, Patagonia and the Falkland Islands - I have some issues with references.

One particular example is in the paragraph beginning with "The only quadruped.."

I cannot imagine how I should read this sentence, then read the reference [6] "I have reason.." and then dive right back to the sentence again..Please help!

Has everyone read the references where they appear? and how do you manage to keep the listener engaged while breaking rules of grammar?

Shubda

PS; I think I posted this question as a new topic in the "Readers found" forum instead of doing a post reply to this specific topic.. Sorry!
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

shoes wrote:Hello
I am trying to record part2 of Chapter 2, SantaCruz, Patagonia and the Falkland Islands - I have some issues with references.

One particular example is in the paragraph beginning with "The only quadruped.."

I cannot imagine how I should read this sentence, then read the reference [6] "I have reason.." and then dive right back to the sentence again..Please help!

Has everyone read the references where they appear? and how do you manage to keep the listener engaged while breaking rules of grammar?

Shubda

PS; I think I posted this question as a new topic in the "Readers found" forum instead of doing a post reply to this specific topic.. Sorry!
No, that's quite fine, and quite a natural question to ask. I had the same question when I first ran into a footnote.. I had no clue how to "translate" it into audio. In this particular case, the book coordinator (BC), not.a.moose, asked that we read the footnotes at the end of the sentences in which they appear. Sometimes the BC will say not to read any of the footnotes. But for this recording, even if the footnote is in the middle of the sentence, postpone reading it until the end of the sentence. Then just say something like "Footnote [then read the footnote] End footnote."

If you'd like a little more info on reading footnotes, there's a good page here: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToReadGuides#head-0ccd1876181e7eb1adee9f2c703dd0414e6f7fe6

Basically, use your judgment. We don't have any established "policy" on footnotes. And by the way, welcome to LibriVox! Hope you enjoy your recording. :)
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

I'll have to second what Leon said about references. Basically, do whatever makes the most sense to you! Pretty much, all the LibriVoxers and LibriVixens trust everyone's judgment implicitly.

I mean, hey, if you can figure out how to record stuff onto your computer, well... yeah... Its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Not the hardest, but certainly not the easiest.

Scott
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Here's the link for section 7:
http://www.studioae.com/LibriVox/notamoose/beagle/voyageofthebeagle_04-1_darwin.mp3

It's 22:50, and 21.4 MB.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]