[COMPLETE][Novel]Shirley by Charlotte Brontë - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

Shirley by Charlotte Brontë (1816-1855).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/shirley-version-2-by-charlotte-bronte/
to be added ( Vijeta Sharma)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30486
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of Shirley. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Shirley , by Charlotte Brontë. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of Shirley by Charlotte Brontë. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Shirley , by Charlotte Brontë. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename shirley_##_bronte_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. shirley_01_bronte_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Vijeta :)

I see this will be your first solo. I am willing to MC it if you want to go ahead with it. Just be aware, there are already 4 finished versions of this book in our catalogue (1 Solo, 2 collaborative and 1 dramatic reading). A 5th version (another solo) has already been started. So this would be the 6th version. That doesn't mean you are not allowed to do it, we welcome choice of voice. Only some people prefer to read a book that has not yet been done before ;) that's why I mention it.

Let me know and if you want to do it, I'll set up a MW for you. :)

Oh and your Gutenberg-link goes to a book by Anatole France :hmm: You would need to replace it with this one: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37106

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

I think you are right.My second choice was Shirley by Charlotte bronte. It doesn't have much versions on librivox. So now I think I would go on with it.Thanks for your advice :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

vijeta6 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 1:40 am I think you are right.My second choice was Shirley by Charlotte bronte. It doesn't have much versions on librivox. So now I think I would go on with it.Thanks for your advice :D
sorry this is unclear now...do you want to go on with Little Women or switch to Shirley ?

Sonia
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

I would go on with Shirley
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

I would launch a new project
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

vijeta6 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 2:17 am I would launch a new project
ah ok, well we can also go with this thread and we only change the title and all. Much easier than launching a new one ;)

I'll do that then if you wish.

Sonia
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

Oh thankyou so much dear😊
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok stay tuned, I'm working on it

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok Vijeta, now here is your MW. As soloist you are also the BC of the project, so you are in charge of filling in the sections. I already filled in the first few to show you a bit what it will look like.

We also need a new introduction summary, since this is another book ;)

To log in, click on the link underneath the MW ("BC Admin"). If it doesn't let you into the MW immediately, click on "forgot password" and you'll get an email to reset the password. Usually then it should work, if not, let me know. :)

Then fill in all the sections with the titles. I thought it best to say "Section" in the intro disclaimer, because if one chapter is longer than 72 minutes, we need to split it into two sections, and then it's best to say "section" to avoid confusion.

We'll stay a few days in the launch pad to attract an interested DPLer.

Good luck and if you need help, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

Thankyou Sonia :D
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

I haven't read the novel yet and therefore I would add the summary later and also the sections-I would add them simultaneously in the MW with my recordings.I would start my recordings from 13th July.
Hope that would be fine😊
Cheers,
Vijeta😊
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

vijeta6 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 7:13 amI haven't read the novel yet and therefore I would add the summary later and also the sections-I would add them simultaneously in the MW with my recordings.I would start my recordings from 13th July.
sure, no problem to add the summary later of course. Filling out the MW doesn't require pre-reading though. But if you prefer to fill it out as you go along, fine with me. Many fill it out right from the start to have it all nice and clear. Some don't. ;)

Have fun with the recordings

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I can DPL if you want. I love Charlotte Brontë. :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

Oh,thankyou so much :)