LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 7 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ADuclaux

Post by ADuclaux »

Hello,

Just to let you know, the chapter 14 has been recorded and edited. I just need to do some retakes here and there.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ADuclaux wrote: June 30th, 2019, 7:25 am Hello,

Just to let you know, the chapter 14 has been recorded and edited. I just need to do some retakes here and there.
Great! Thank you for checking in!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

icequeen wrote: June 25th, 2019, 8:46 pm Chapter 3 is now open, any takers?
I'll take it.

Thanks, Todd
Whobajube

Post by Whobajube »

Chapter 15 is finished. This is my first real recording, please feel free to critique as harshly as possible. Not happy with the quality of my mic, as I had to edit out a lot of mouth sounds(it's just the stock mic on my MacBook.) But I wanted to try my hand a bit before commiting to a more expensive mic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/planetmappers_15_evans_128kb.mp3

22:28

Please, let me know it there is anything I can be doing better or differently.

Thanks for listening,
JB
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Whobajube wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:00 pm Chapter 15 is finished. This is my first real recording, please feel free to critique as harshly as possible. Not happy with the quality of my mic, as I had to edit out a lot of mouth sounds(it's just the stock mic on my MacBook.) But I wanted to try my hand a bit before commiting to a more expensive mic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/planetmappers_15_evans_128kb.mp3

22:28

Please, let me know it there is anything I can be doing better or differently.

Thanks for listening,
JB

Thanks JB, I will let you know! But, just be aware, that mouth noises, although highly irritating, are completely normal. It can be a little weird, or even disconcerting, to not hear any mouth noises, or even breathing. But, those mouth clicks, I hate them too! I will edit out the more annoying ones, and make sure that I am fully hydrated before I start recording.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ToddHW wrote: July 1st, 2019, 6:17 am
icequeen wrote: June 25th, 2019, 8:46 pm Chapter 3 is now open, any takers?
I'll take it.

Thanks, Todd

Sweet! Thanks Todd!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ADuclaux

Post by ADuclaux »

I've finished chapter 14. As this is the first real chapter I do, please let me know if there is anything that isn't up to standards. And even if that's enough, please let me know where I can improve or where I should focus my efforts.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/planetmappers_14_evans_128kb.mp3

29:43

Thank you very much for this opportunity :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ADuclaux wrote: July 4th, 2019, 1:53 pm I've finished chapter 14. As this is the first real chapter I do, please let me know if there is anything that isn't up to standards. And even if that's enough, please let me know where I can improve or where I should focus my efforts.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/planetmappers_14_evans_128kb.mp3

29:43

Thank you very much for this opportunity :D

Thank you! I will let you know if there is anything to fix as soon as I can!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 15 is PL OK! Your mic doesn't sound too bad, I have heard way worse! If you want one that is a little bit better in quality but will not drain your wallet completely, try a Samsun GoMic. I have one and I love that little thing! You can get them on Amazon.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 14 is PL OK! Very nicely read! Yes, you have an accent, but I think that you were still very clear in your reading, and it sounded like you were having fun with the text. I think that is the most important thing when recording audiobooks, having fun! It will always come through in the recording! The only thing that might need a little tweaking is the volume. The volume for you recording was 87.8 dB, which is well within the acceptable range, but you don't want to go much below that. That was the only issue that I found that might be a problem, but it is not a problem at all! Please don't feel that you need to fix the volume, because it is fine. Great job!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ADuclaux

Post by ADuclaux »

icequeen wrote: July 6th, 2019, 8:43 pm Chapter 14 is PL OK! Very nicely read! Yes, you have an accent, but I think that you were still very clear in your reading, and it sounded like you were having fun with the text. I think that is the most important thing when recording audiobooks, having fun! It will always come through in the recording! The only thing that might need a little tweaking is the volume. The volume for you recording was 87.8 dB, which is well within the acceptable range, but you don't want to go much below that. That was the only issue that I found that might be a problem, but it is not a problem at all! Please don't feel that you need to fix the volume, because it is fine. Great job!
Thank you! It was a blast to do this :D
I'll keep that in mind for the next time then!
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Chapter 10 is done (25:32) and up ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/planetmappers_10_evans_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."