Updating the MW

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Would there be a way, in order to add a feature to the MW's which would say how many sections are awaiting PL? In some group projects that get cluttered, it gets to be hard work for the DPL to find the sections needing PL, and how many sections need it etc. I know that we humans should be able to see these things, and they should be a DIY, but I'm just making a little thought, and thinking about a tiny improvement. But don't get me wrong, the MW's are a wonderful tool, and they're such an incredible help. Whoever created the system, did a great job, and it makes things nice and organized :9:

This wouldn't really be needed for SOLO projects though, but in some cases I think it might be helpful for groups. We have visually impaired DPL's, and wouldn't this little tool help them know how many sections the have left to DPL?
Last edited by ej400 on July 6th, 2019, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It doesn't show in the MW, but when the DPL goes to their own reader page and clicks "Section details," it will show them a tab for sections they've signed up to read, and a tab for sections they've signed up to PL. Here's mine, showing my many sections awaiting my PL: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11084
ej400

Post by ej400 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2019, 10:18 pm It doesn't show in the MW, but when the DPL goes to their own reader page and clicks "Section details," it will show them a tab for sections they've signed up to read, and a tab for sections they've signed up to PL. Here's mine, showing my many sections awaiting my PL: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11084
I kind of, sort of, forgot about that. I guess that sums it all up then. No update needed after all, the feature is already there (in a different way). I'm not going to blame this on being tired though, instead this is rather a "wait, how did I not think of that?"

Thanks Devorah!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

How can a user find out his/her own user number, please?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

just click on your name in the MW or the catalogue page and it shows in the url - yours is 167, you are a real LV old-timer :D

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If you're very careful, you should be able to sort the MW by Status. That'll sort all the "Ready for (PL/Spot PL)" into the same area.

I'm saying to be very careful, because if you do this and then drag-and-drop any section by accident, it'll renumber all the sections so that they'll all be in the new order! :shock: Then you have to drag and drop each section by hand and re-sort them manually!
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine