[COMPLETE] The Theory and Practice of Brewing by M. Combrune - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey Carolin! So I've been trying to make sense of the second table in section 22 and I am just really confused. Do you have any advice? Many thanks!

Edit: from looking at other tables, I see his is doing math and division. However, I do not know what the #] ## means or how to read it.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Elsie -

I think those are to be read as gallons and quarts or pounds (lb.) and ounces.

That is my take. I would wait for Caroline to answer too.

Lynda
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Elsie -

Two very good readings! Section 24 is PL OK. For Section 37, the 3.5 seconds at the beginning of the recording needs to be trimmed down to the regular start time and then uploaded. Then it will be PL OK!

Lynda
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Lmnei wrote: June 19th, 2019, 11:24 am
Hi Elsie -

Two very good readings! Section 24 is PL OK. For Section 37, the 3.5 seconds at the beginning of the recording needs to be trimmed down to the regular start time and then uploaded. Then it will be PL OK!

Lynda
Oh thank you for catching that - I’ll fix that soon
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all! sorry for my absence :roll: :oops:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 18th, 2019, 9:41 am Hey Carolin! So I've been trying to make sense of the second table in section 22 and I am just really confused. Do you have any advice? Many thanks!

Edit: from looking at other tables, I see his is doing math and division. However, I do not know what the #] ## means or how to read it.
thank you for asking, and sorry for my late reply. I think Lynda is correct and these are pounds and ounces :) on the right side there is one that says 6lb, that's what i am basing it on :) thank you!
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:38 pm Section 37 corrected: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/brewing_37_combrune_128kb.mp3 (11:46)
Now that is PL OK!

Thanks Elsie!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: January 1st, 2019, 12:33 pm
bpgower98 wrote: December 30th, 2018, 11:36 pm Here's Section 8! https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/brewing_08_combrune_128kb.mp3 (21:59)
Bailey - excellent reading of Section 8! Your pronunciation of some large words you handed very well!

I just have 2 items of feedback.

13:21 – this chart you should be reading the word “degrees” after the number as that is the column title above the numbers. In listening to the table being read, it does not make sense to me if I do not hear what the reference is to the number.

13.43 – now this is optional, however I think this reads better again if you say degrees after the numbers in the beginning of this paragraph. Such as “If, from their medium. 59.35 degrees, we subtract 1.75 degrees, …. through to where 61.10 degrees is mentioned.

Other than that one of the smoothest readings I have listened to in the last few weeks!

Lynda
Carolin - this reader has not done their edits and looking at their ID they have not been online for many months. I am marking this PL OK as these edits are fine with me to leave as is. Are you okay with that?

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: February 26th, 2019, 1:32 pm Hi Mark -

That was a REALLY good reading of Section 13! I have a couple of notes, which mainly deal with reading of the charts and making what you read for the charts equal all the way down, especially the first one. As Carolin mentioned to you, this indeed is Section 13 and your recording needs to reflect that so I have marked those locations too. PLEASE do not let this list get you down - half of it is for 1 table and completing the missing items to make it even. For the amount you recorded there is very little feedback here!

:02 – s/b Section 13
:22 – s/b Section 13
2:59 – missing a “white”
3:10 – remove the word “otherwise” not in text
3:14 – missing “W. W. Y. Y. Red”
3:17 – missing “W. W. Y. Y. R. R.”
3:21 – missing “W. Y. Y. R. R.”
3:24 – missing “Y. Y. R. R.”
3:28 – missing “Y. R. R.”
3:32 – missing “Y. R. R. Black,”
3:36 – missing “Y. R. R. B. B.”
3:42 – missing “R. R. B. B.”
3:47 – missing “R. B. B.”
3:50 – missing “black”
11:13 – missing row for 157
13:44 – heard “salabitory”, text says salubrity
16:03 – stumble – remove the “vine”
17:22 – stumble – just before “more powerful”
18:18 – missing “white” which is part of the bracket
20:19 – stumbled “are mowed”
26:01 – repeat “this is established” remove the first one and keep “this is establishing”
26:40 – stumble – “to become” and “to have to become”
29:25 – s/b Section 13

Lastly, if you scroll down on Page 1 under the Magic Window (the thing that lists all the sections) and look at item 10, it shows how to name your file to upload. All Librivox files are named the same and the difference is you put the Section number where the XX's are. Sometimes there are two XX's and sometimes 3 as the number of sections goes over 100. If this one had over 100 sections you would enter 013 however for this book it is just 13.

Here is the format: brewing_##_combrune_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. brewing_01_combrune_128kb.mp3)

So if you can do those edits and then save the file as specified and upload it and then post the link and the time again like you did last time that would be awesome and I will take another listen!

Have a great day!

Lynda
Carolin - this reader has left Librivox it seems. Not activity for several months. What do you suggest for these edits?

Lynda
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Here is section 22: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/brewing_22_combrune_128kb.mp3 (11:53)

Hopefully, I read that second table correctly! Also, may I please have section 35?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 6th, 2019, 10:16 am Here is section 22: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/brewing_22_combrune_128kb.mp3 (11:53)

Hopefully, I read that second table correctly! Also, may I please have section 35?
Hi Elsie -

Just a couple of minor changes needed on Section 22 recording -

0:26 - 0:30 - please reduce this to 2 seconds silence
10:15 – said "divided" by should be "minus or less"
Please reduce time at end of recording to 5 seconds.

Other than that it was an AWESOME reading of the tables! Way to go!

Lynda
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »