[COMPLETE]The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven, Volume I by Alexander Wheelock Thayer - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 29th, 2019, 4:50 pm Your most illustrious Herr Korrektor, checker of extemporaneous artifacts, misreads, and muffles, etc., etc..
If it please your tenaciousness to find, having been most humbly and obediently placed within, the next reading of this magnificent tome, it be ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_03_thayer_128kb.mp3
[29:32]
It pleases us to pronounce this recitation in keeping with the standards of the LibriVox communion of volunteers.

We are also moved to inquire if it is the custom always in the nation of the reader to begin works with their appendices.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Please find attached, demütig eingereicht, dans les paramètres spécifiés, essendo stato modificato e leggermente elaborato, coming at you with a duration of twenty eight minutes and 38 seconds, the file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_04_thayer_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 6:12 pm Please find attached, demütig eingereicht, dans les paramètres spécifiés, essendo stato modificato e leggermente elaborato, coming at you with a duration of twenty eight minutes and 38 seconds, the file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_04_thayer_128kb.mp3
It pains me to read something as short in duration as this, but I will do my duty to Ludwig and his Afflatus.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

PL OK!

A serious comment: I find it nearly incredible that the musicians were able to mount two performances each week during the season, even if only a few were more serious works.
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 7:19 pm PL OK!

A serious comment: I find it nearly incredible that the musicians were able to mount two performances each week during the season, even if only a few were more serious works.
Thank you for enduring that last reading.

Not only is it amazing to ponder the production of the music copy scribes in the 18th century, it is more amazing that some of those performances were accomplished from sight reading.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

I am just posting this to manipulate the stats of 'my most active topic'.
Please disregard.
Have a nice day.
Disclaimer:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 4th, 2019, 4:50 pm I am just posting this to manipulate the stats of 'my most active topic'.
Please disregard.
Have a nice day.

:lol: Nice!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
realisticspeakers

Beethoven Historical Note:

I am under the impression that the music of the 3rd Symphony (Eroica) was a seminal point in ushering in the Romantic Period, closing the Classical Period.

Here is a dramatic depiction of that moment: https://youtu.be/Qn2yYT39ybA
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 4th, 2019, 4:58 pm Beethoven Historical Note:

I am under the impression that the music of the 3rd Symphony (Eroica) was a seminal point in ushering in the Romantic Period, closing the Classical Period.

Here is a dramatic depiction of that moment: https://youtu.be/Qn2yYT39ybA
I hope Thayer gets to this chapter soon!
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
realisticspeakers

I got an ACX gig this morning. woot!
I've also committed to a short Learning Ally novel.
Chapter 2 won't be coming in this week.
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 5th, 2019, 3:57 pm I got an ACX gig this morning. woot!
I've also committed to a short Learning Ally novel.
Chapter 2 won't be coming in this week.
Congratulations! Great news!

I'll look forward to Chapter 2, but do take your time. I'll catch up on my own obligations in the meantime.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Oh, did I mention the two thaler fine?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Important Programming Note:

In place of the selected string quartets from Beethoven scheduled for Sunday, July 14, 2019, we will enjoy a lecture from the esteemed Mr. Thayer. Please bring a snack.
realisticspeakers

Wanna hear something special?
Takács Quartet opus 59
Disclaimer: