Floundering Newbie

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mamapolo1951

Post by Mamapolo1951 »

Greetings from New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment! (Sometimes I think it was enchanted by the wand of an evil sorcerer.)

Brand new volunteer for either audio-proofing or reading.

Reading is my passion and I like the idea of helping those unable to read for themselves or providing an option to propping the book on the steering wheel.

Retired as a caseworker for the Department of Welfare, closet (read unpublished) writer, mother and companion to Chloe, the Corgiwhat rescue and wonder dog.

Trying to upload a test from Twisted Wave and/or iTunes file sharing. Gonna go see if there are helpful videos on that.

Hope to talk to at least some of you soon.

Mamapolo1951 (Leslie)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Greetings! Welcome to out little corner of the world.

As for the scary part of New Mexico, are you referring to scorpions?!

If you have any questions, don't worry. We're here to help!
Mamapolo1951

Post by Mamapolo1951 »

Well, scorpions and Albuquerque.

I’ve been here four years and have yet to see a scorpion. 🤔 Come to think of it, I’ve never had any trouble in Albuquerque either.

Thank you for your friendly welcome. I’m looking forward to this experience.

Mamapolo1951
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included.

If you go to our video tutorial page https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos you will see that someone just made a video on using Twisted Wave to record and edit u8sing an iPhone orPad. But I'm sure it will help. Ask if anything is confusing
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Mamapolo1951 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 2:03 pm Well, scorpions and Albuquerque.

I’ve been here four years and have yet to see a scorpion. 🤔 Come to think of it, I’ve never had any trouble in Albuquerque either.

Thank you for your friendly welcome. I’m looking forward to this experience.

Mamapolo1951
My Grandmother died in Albuquerque, way back during the Depression.

Strange how our emotions direct us. I'm not sure I'll ever go to the city.

But I don't mean to be maudlin, just thinking out loud. I'm guilty of that.

Again, welcome. You'll like it here!
Mamapolo1951

Post by Mamapolo1951 »

Again, thank you.