New member in TEXAS (with a Chromebook)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
artdecoliz

Post by artdecoliz »

I found LibriVox after my son told me that there were free audio books available online.
I like to listen to books (on my Android phone) while I walk (up to a total of 8 miles a day) and while I KNIT for my grandchildren.
I am a fan of old science fiction and historical novels.

This month I've been listening to the Short Science Fiction collections. I was born in the 1940s and graduated university with a degree in Math and Physics in the 1960s. What a wonderful childhood I had learning about science, electronics, and space!

I'm retired and can structure my time to suit myself.

Since Audacity isn't available for Chromebook, I can't be a reader unless I buy another computer (fat chance that).

Does a Proof Listener have to have special software?

Liz
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Welcome, welcome!

It's late here for me, but I'll be back in the morning to make some suggestions to you. The central issue is that you don't need Audacity to record. Most of us use it, but there are alternatives.

I'll study up on it in the morning!

EDIT

Have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvgzJtvW7XA

I wouldn't download anything new, however, until we hear from the experts. There are a lot of them here!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There are people who actually use chromebook here I think. What I would suggest is that you post in help wanted , put "help with using chromebook for LV" and hope someone who actually uses chromebook will drop by - That way you'll get the best advice from an actual user
Everyone is very helpful round here, but sometimess too much advice gets confusing.

Anne
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

If you want to record I recommend checking out twisted wave. A quick internet search shows that you can use it on your chrombook and it’s only like 5$

Next up: DPLing means you need the checacer ultiliry or alternative and I do not know of one that works on chrome books

So try out reading! Welcome to the forum
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I know some DPLers have been unable to check tech specs. So I would just check with the BC of the project to see if they are able to do so. If they could do it, there's nothing stopping you from listening to it.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Hi! I'm from Texas, too, and also a Librivox newbie. :clap:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
artdecoliz

Post by artdecoliz »

Hi, Brooke.