Possible to do on mobile?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KaiSaya

Post by KaiSaya »

Hello community!! :help: Ineed to know if anyone had succeeded in uploading reads from a mobile device. I have attempted to download audacity however it says my device is incompatible. Are there any other recording software's that might work? If not, then I'll just have to settle volunteering for what ever it is I can do, which I'm even further uncertain about.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You might have a look at this: https://imusic.aimersoft.com/record-music/audacity-app.html#part2

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than am I will visit soon.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What type of phone do you have? (Apple or Android?)

As long as you can record, edit, and upload files with the correct tech specs, you do not have to have a regular computer. I cannot imagine editing on a phone, though - it requires close, detailed actions on the wave forms, and that doesn't work well on a touchscreen, IMHO.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

A couple past threads which might be of assistance:
using Google Chrome Book
Recording for Librivox on Android
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: June 30th, 2019, 1:20 pm What type of phone do you have? (Apple or Android?)

As long as you can record, edit, and upload files with the correct tech specs, you do not have to have a regular computer. I cannot imagine editing on a phone, though - it requires close, detailed actions on the wave forms, and that doesn't work well on a touchscreen, IMHO.
You're right. I can't imagine it either.

I suppose one could record on a phone and then send the file to a more traditional computer.

Me, I have a phone only in case of emergencies. Even then I'm not entirely sure how to use it.
KaiSaya

Post by KaiSaya »

Thank you all so much, to be honest i didn't think there was going to be good answers. I'm thoroughly surprised and thankful!! I will go over the technical requirements and see if i can find a androids app capable of handling the task! One million thanks again!!! :clap:
KaiSaya

Post by KaiSaya »

Update, I have donesome digging and am hopeful that i can succeed doing this. Thank you all so much!!!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KaiSaya wrote: June 30th, 2019, 10:33 pm Update, I have donesome digging and am hopeful that i can succeed doing this. Thank you all so much!!!
Excellent! Good news!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KaiSaya wrote: June 30th, 2019, 12:23 pm If not, then I'll just have to settle volunteering for what ever it is I can do, which I'm even further uncertain about.
It seems that you've got some good leads on your primary question, but I wanted to address this one, in case you are still wanting to volunteer in other ways as well.

Besides recording, the top need we have is for proof listeners. This would mean you would listen to sections that other readers have submitted and inform them if there are any changes that need to be made. You don't need to follow along with the text, in most cases (some types of projects do require it), but mostly you'd be listening to see if the introduction and ending are present and correct, and to see if there are any obvious stumbles or pauses that need to be cut. You can find more info on proof listening, as well as a more detailed how-to here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners

The one thing that might not work on a mobile, as a proof listener, is that you wouldn't be able to check the tech settings of the sections. Or at least, I don't know of anyone who has done so successfully. Some BCs (book coordinators) do expect their proof listeners to check this, as they are unable to do it themselves. If you decide to try proof listening, I recommend that you just tell the BC up front that you'll be listening on a mobile and won't be able to check the settings. Most will probably be able to work with that, if they know about it in advance.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/products/audio-evolution-mobile-for-android

I have used this app for android and it has all the features that you need.
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]