[COMPLETE] The History Of The Devil by Daniel Defoe-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am sorry it is taking me longer then I expected. I want to sit down and read all the chapters in order to actualy divide them smartly.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

If you want, I can do something I personally don't like and let the readers divide the section if they guarantee they read both parts. But I did it in another project and it's more difficult for all involved.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

you'd have to insist they read both parts, and then you have the problem of what to do when they only do one and disappear.
In something I BCed without page numbers and chapters , I did it roughly in my head , the just read the paragraphs around the break to pick a spot.
But the decision is yours as the BC

Anne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I could do that too. I just want to do it tidy because insisting is not good for a bc. You have to let people read what they want.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I will do all the long sections, if I may. That being the case, I will 'drop' Section 2, for now, and begin with Section 27, please. (I've actually started recording it.)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, thank you. You can keep section 2 as aell, what ever you want. Just let me know.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

As Kevin reads both parts of the long sections, I trust he would decide wisely how to split them. Unless, Kevin, you want me to do that.
Anne, I would put parts a and b and not parts 1 and 2. It seems less confusing. What do you think?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Whatever you want to put Stav - I had to put something when I added the sections.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

miss stav wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:23 pm As Kevin reads both parts of the long sections, I trust he would decide wisely how to split them. Unless, Kevin, you want me to do that.
Anne, I would put parts a and b and not parts 1 and 2. It seems less confusing. What do you think?
I'll do whatever I'm told.

For my part, I wouldn't split any of the sections into parts. As I say, they don't scare me and I'll just get through them. If you think the listener will want the break, just tell me where. I don't think there are many 'logical' breaks, so I could just cut the finished recording in half.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am working on a suggested division. I started and it would be up in about an hour. You would look and decide if it is relevant or you want your own.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

miss stav wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:51 pm I am working on a suggested division. I started and it would be up in about an hour. You would look and decide if it is relevant or you want your own.
I do as I'm told.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

KevinS wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:51 pm
miss stav wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:51 pm I am working on a suggested division. I started and it would be up in about an hour. You would look and decide if it is relevant or you want your own.
I do as I'm told.
Also, Kevin, I don’t know if you know why Stav is concerned about splitting the sections. It is because a section cannot run over 72 minutes and these sections might be so long as to need to be split. I apologize if you already knew this - just wanted to make sure you knew what everybody was thinking :D
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm
KevinS wrote: June 30th, 2019, 2:51 pm
I do as I'm told.
Also, Kevin, I don’t know if you know why Stav is concerned about splitting the sections. It is because a section cannot run over 72 minutes and these sections might be so long as to need to be split. I apologize if you already knew this - just wanted to make sure you knew what everybody was thinking :D
Oh, I see. Thank you.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok all arranged and fixed now. I made a few mistakes first time around and fixed them. Never happened to me before... Kevin, I sighned you up for all the sections you requested. Next time you don't understand something I am doing, please do me a favor and ask. I did not otomaticly explain because I saw that you were involved in many projects so I thought you incountered this already. I would love to explain everything you want.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

miss stav wrote: June 30th, 2019, 3:31 pm Ok all arranged and fixed now. I made a few mistakes first time around and fixed them. Never happened to me before... Kevin, I sighned you up for all the sections you requested. Next time you don't understand something I am doing, please do me a favor and ask. I did not otomaticly explain because I saw that you were involved in many projects so I thought you incountered this already. I would love to explain everything you want.
Thank you! This all looks quite manageable.

I will ask when I am confused. I apologize if I added to any difficulties.

This project is going to be devilishly fun!

P.S. The devil works through puns. Did you know that?