Reading simultaneously

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
techie9

Post by techie9 »

Hello,

I was a little confused if we are permitted to read multiple book chapters, poems simultaneously. I have read a book chapter and awaiting the PL. Can I go ahead and read other book chapters/poems meanwhile or do I need to wait for this to be ok or not?

:help:

Regards,
Harshita
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You may claim (and have in process) as many sections as you feel you can do within the claiming period. Most projects say you must submit claimed sections within 2 months of claiming them. The sooner they're submitted, the better - but if you can record and submit 20 sections a week, you may do so. :)

I wouldn't recommend claiming 20 sections in one project, though, in case something happens in your life and you disappear, leaving all those claimed sections hanging in limbo until the claiming period limit is reached. 20 sections was hyperbole. You may claim more than one section before the last one is proof-listened.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
techie9

Post by techie9 »

Thank you for the prompt reply. Just to clarify further, can I claim different sections from different books or do I need to stick with the same book and its sections. For example, as I am waiting for proof-listening of one chapter of a book, can I read a weekly/fortnightly poem or a chapter from another book?
Please excuse my ignorance. :( I am new here and just want to be sure of what I am doing is right.

Thank you,
Regards,
Harshita
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

techie9 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 11:53 am Thank you for the prompt reply. Just to clarify further, can I claim different sections from different books or do I need to stick with the same book and its sections. For example, as I am waiting for proof-listening of one chapter of a book, can I read a weekly/fortnightly poem or a chapter from another book?
Please excuse my ignorance. :( I am new here and just want to be sure of what I am doing is right.

Thank you,
Regards,
Harshita
Yes, most definitely. What I find is that people tend to take on too much at the beginning, but you know your limits best, more than anyone else here.

I'd love for you to do the current fortnightly poem, for instance.
techie9

Post by techie9 »

Thank you. I understand it's important to commit while understanding your limits.
Thank you very much. :)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

...and sometimes your not new here and still don't know your limits :lol: <laughing> But hey, that means every book looks good, and your enjoying LV! :D <smile>
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 6:13 am ...and sometimes your not new here and still don't know your limits :lol: <laughing> But hey, that means every book looks good, and your enjoying LV! :D <smile>
Hahahahah! Someone knows what he talks about?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 6:13 am ...and sometimes your not new here and still don't know your limits :lol:
*Raises hand* :lol:

Which reminds me, I need to PL right now. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

techie9 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 1:09 pm Hello,

I was a little confused if we are permitted to read multiple book chapters, poems simultaneously. I have read a book chapter and awaiting the PL. Can I go ahead and read other book chapters/poems meanwhile or do I need to wait for this to be ok or not?

:help:

Regards,
Harshita
There’s no official claiming rules but I would advise you (at least at first) stick to having no more then 2-3 sections at one time. You can do as many as your want but chances are the book will still be there is a week :)

Now for clarification. You can have as many claimed as your want. 2-3 is just a rule I abide by myself and I have found that it makes things a lot easier. When you have 20 sections or something then you forget one or turn it in late ect. And just to restate what others have said. Good for you on knowing your limits! It makes the whole thing run a lot better!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Something I have found that helps me keep track is the page where there is a list of all the projects you have done or are doing. You can click on the ones that are still in progress and see where you are as far as what you have claimed but not submitted, those which are waiting for PLing (of which I have two), and those that you have done your part but are waiting for the cataloging of the book.

Have fun, it is a blast. However, don't try to do a short reading in the midst of a solo project like I did. I tried to submit readings from both projects in the same day and boy did I mess that up. :oops: :oops:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kalamareader wrote: July 8th, 2019, 8:08 pm However, don't try to do a short reading in the midst of a solo project like I did. I tried to submit readings from both projects in the same day and boy did I mess that up. :oops: :oops:
I don't see anything wrong with doing this. In the middle of a solo project, especially if it's a long one, you may find you need to stop and work on something else for a little while. You'll just need to be careful which files you upload where, is all. :wink:
techie9

Post by techie9 »

Thank you everyone for the kind suggestions. Really appreciate your help! :clap: