[COMPLETE]The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven, Volume I by Alexander Wheelock Thayer - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hahaha! The longest Section Zero in my experience is PL OK!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

KevinS wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 6:18 am Hahaha! The longest Section Zero in my experience is PL OK!
I know, right? Thanks!

I think I might opt for smaller sections. Chapter 1 recording thus far clocks in at 30 minutes and it's one quarter done.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I think you'll be okay once you get to the duels and brothels. Oh, and the carriage races!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 21st, 2019, 9:28 pm
icequeen wrote: June 21st, 2019, 7:22 pm ... I don't want to butcher a beautiful language!
Well, now I feel like a Barbarian!
:oops:

Not anymore of a Barbarian than I am. I admit my limitations, and French is definitely my limitation!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:20 am
I'm going to keep them short.
Isn't that what Mahler said?
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:24 am
Sibelius probably thought of his works full of emotion too.
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:31 am
KevinS wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:24 am
Sibelius probably thought of his works full of emotion too.
Hahah!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:20 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_01_thayer_128kb.mp3

[27:40]

PL OK! Very nice work.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I would like you to know that I am now taking vitamins and beginning to take better care of myself so that I may accompany you until at least Chapter 12. (Wink.)
realisticspeakers

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_02_thayer_128kb.mp3
[25:31]

I'm going to have to look into tapping my IRA account for longevity sustenance.

Thank you Sonia!
Disclaimer:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:58 am Thank you Sonia!
you're welcome. I must admit I got curious how it would sound assembled, so I quickly snooped in :oops: It's working out nicely, doesn't sound off to have two voices here. I also noticed you called the guy Vanden-Eden while I read Vanden-Eet :? But that's how it was written in the letter. Hope that's not a problem.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

May it please the Ever-Persistent, Most-Enthusiastic Serene Reader to know that his work is most pleasant &c. and that &c. and this from such a humble Listener under his gracious service &c. to deem such work as

PL OK!

and to compliment most highly and in glowing terms &c. the work of Lady Sonia, one whose graceful enunciation makes the French tongue almost comprehensible to such a lowly intellect &c. as held by said Listener.
realisticspeakers

Kitty wrote: June 27th, 2019, 2:16 am
realisticspeakers wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:58 am Thank you Sonia!
you're welcome. I must admit I got curious how it would sound assembled, so I quickly snooped in :oops: It's working out nicely, doesn't sound off to have two voices here. I also noticed you called the guy Vanden-Eden while I read Vanden-Eet :? But that's how it was written in the letter. Hope that's not a problem.

Sonia
Beethoven...Beithoffen...the text specifically mentions a "free-for-all".
Disclaimer:
realisticspeakers

Your most illustrious Herr Korrektor, checker of extemporaneous artifacts, misreads, and muffles, etc., etc..
If it please your tenaciousness to find, having been most humbly and obediently placed within, the next reading of this magnificent tome, it be ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_03_thayer_128kb.mp3
[29:32]
Disclaimer: