Completed Projects Forum

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

I happened to be looking today for The Book Of All-Power, which catalogued on 6/17, and could not find it in the Completed Projects forum. It caused me to question: How do completed projects get listed in this forum? Is it automatic or does the MC have to toggle something? Could it be that there are projects which don't make it there?

I'd appreciate some insight into this process. I very much like perusing the development of a book's creation, and the effort and teamwork that goes into making it happen.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Just like moving threads from the Launch Pad to Readers Wanted to Readers Found, the MC "manually" moves the thread to Completed Projects when it's done.

Sometimes we forget to do this. :oops:

I've moved the thread you're talking about from Going Solo to Completed Projects. It's here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74997
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks for the explanation, and for moving it. Perhaps one day our programmers will set up a macro to automate it.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TriciaG wrote: June 24th, 2019, 5:45 pm the MC "manually" moves the thread to Completed Projects when it’s done.
Tricia is of course too modest.

Librivox MCs are considered the rootinest, tootinest thread-wranglers north, south, east or west of the Pecos.

I may never ever actually hear one of them refer to a recalcitrant thread as “Oooooo! Ya flea-bitten varmint!”, but a fella can dream, can’t he?

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: June 28th, 2019, 1:12 am I may never ever actually hear one of them refer to a recalcitrant thread as “Oooooo! Ya flea-bitten varmint!”, but a fella can dream, can’t he?
They do this in the non-public parts of the forum, I'm sure.