Peter Pepper....

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Twocky61

Post by Twocky61 »

Each 1 minute test I have clicked is the same "Peter Pepper.........."

Is this the standard test speech?
Read a book; throw out your Kindle. Power cut? How are you going to use your Kindle with no power? Light a candle & read a book
Twocky61

Post by Twocky61 »

Just clicked a few more & they are different after all

I've answered my own question

Thanks

Nick
Read a book; throw out your Kindle. Power cut? How are you going to use your Kindle with no power? Light a candle & read a book
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It is the standard text for a test, and is located on the wiki page with instructions for the 1-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

"Record something like this. This is designed to make sure that some of the tricky consonants don't cause trouble with you and your mic."

It's not a requirement, but it's helpful if the tests use this text.

Are you going to be recording your own test to jump into the recording pool? :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I was a rebel against taking direction when I made my one minute test, and I recorded a portion of the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock instead of the standard text. :lol:

It only took me another two years or so to record the actual poem for real. :wink:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Also it's Peter Piper, who picked a couple pages for fable fans at librivox :wink:

But really, why are they all tongue twisters? Is the test actually to see if you can manage tongue twisters?
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ej400 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 9:28 am Also it's Peter Piper, who picked a couple pages for fable fans at librivox :wink:

But really, why are they all tongue twisters? Is the test actually to see if you can manage tongue twisters?
Well I know this script is pretty great at catching plosives...
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Twocky61

Post by Twocky61 »

Thanks Tricia

I think I will start now. Just that I can record on this pc, but can only receive audio on other

That's technology for you lol