[Complete] The Adventures of an Ugly Girl by Elizabeth Burgoyne Corbett - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sarahhite

Post by sarahhite »

Hi! I am new to LibriVox, but I completed a weekly poetry reading (with the correct specs). (Also a 1 minute test, but haven't received feedback on that yet)

I would like to claim Chapter 3, please. :)
Feedback and constructive criticism are appreciated. Thanks! :)
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Lynnet wrote: June 13th, 2019, 11:07 am
MrsHand wrote: June 13th, 2019, 7:35 am Can I please have the remaining open sections?
Enjoy

Edit: I assigned you the 5 sections open when you claimed.
I have since orphaned 3 others 8-)
Perfect! 8 sections would be a bit much! LOL
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sarahhite wrote: June 13th, 2019, 6:52 pm Hi! I am new to LibriVox, but I completed a weekly poetry reading (with the correct specs). (Also a 1 minute test, but haven't received feedback on that yet)

I would like to claim Chapter 3, please. :)
Welcome!
Sounds like you're off to a promising start. This will be a bit longer than a poem, but, I find, less challenging (but then I'm not good at poetry :lol: ). Please read the first post, but if you have any questions, just ask.
HeatherForrest

Post by HeatherForrest »

Hi there, can I claim the remaining open sections (4 and 5)?

This is my first time recording. I'd like for my name to appear as "Heather Alexander".

Thanks.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

HeatherForrest wrote: June 14th, 2019, 3:00 pm Hi there, can I claim the remaining open sections (4 and 5)?

This is my first time recording. I'd like for my name to appear as "Heather Alexander".

Thanks.
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MrsHand wrote: June 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm Here is Section 9, 33:47.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adventuresofanuglygirl_09_corbett_128kb.mp3
Thank you
sarahhite

Post by sarahhite »

Here is Chapter 3:

Length: 35:40
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adventuresofanuglygirl_03_corbett_128kb.mp3

First really long reading for LibriVox, so any feedback/suggestions are welcome. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sarahhite wrote: June 17th, 2019, 9:03 pm Here is Chapter 3:

Length: 35:40
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adventuresofanuglygirl_03_corbett_128kb.mp3

First really long reading for LibriVox, so any feedback/suggestions are welcome. :D
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 3 PL OK

Great reading... no constructive comments to make. Just keep on doing as you are :thumbs:
sarahhite

Post by sarahhite »

Lynnet wrote: June 18th, 2019, 11:40 am Ch 3 PL OK

Great reading... no constructive comments to make. Just keep on doing as you are :thumbs:
Awesome! Thanks! :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 9 PL OK
sarahhite

Post by sarahhite »

BetsyWalker wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:22 pm
Lynnet wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 2:58 pmCh 7 PL OK
Great - I'm very glad!
I hope this is okay, since I am not technically a proof listener, but I was listening to chapter 7, and I noticed there is a long section that is repeated. From 3:53 - 4:18 is then repeated from 4:18 - 4:41, then it continues on. Other than that, it sounds great! :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sarahhite wrote: June 19th, 2019, 11:40 am
Lynnet wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 2:58 pmCh 7 PL OK
Great - I'm very glad!
I hope this is okay, since I am not technically a proof listener, but I was listening to chapter 7, and I noticed there is a long section that is repeated. From 3:53 - 4:18 is then repeated from 4:18 - 4:41, then it continues on. Other than that, it sounds great! :)
Thank you.
Generally, we ask people not to listen to files until they are catalogued, as it puts to much strain on our server. That said, since I obviously missed this, thank you.

As for being 'technically' a proof listener, all it takes is to say 'I want to proof listen' (and reading the instructions).
sarahhite

Post by sarahhite »

Lynnet wrote: June 19th, 2019, 2:02 pm
sarahhite wrote: June 19th, 2019, 11:40 am

Great - I'm very glad!
Thank you.
Generally, we ask people not to listen to files until they are catalogued, as it puts to much strain on our server. That said, since I obviously missed this, thank you.

As for being 'technically' a proof listener, all it takes is to say 'I want to proof listen' (and reading the instructions).
You're welcome! :)

Okay, I am sorry about that. I did already download some other chapters' audio files, so I might as well double check those, though.

I would definitely like to help proof listen as well as recording, especially since I have a 35 to 40 minute drive to and from work most weekdays.