I can't get uploaded

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm thinking your file isn't an MP3. Please upload it to http://ge.tt and post the resulting link here.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Here ya go, Tricia. The address is http://ge.tt/3Qt5/fwz
My name is Mark
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hmm, check that again. The last slash makes the link not work, and if I just remove the slash, it says that it's not found.
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

OK, second try. http://ge,tt/4HSXjfw2
My name is Mark
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Aha! It's an .aup (Audacity project) file, not an MP3.

After recording, you must export it as an MP3.

In Audacity, after recording and doing whatever edits to the file, go to File/Export, then Export as MP3.

Under Format Options, make sure Bit Rate Mode is "Constant" and choose "Quality" of 128kbps.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: June 18th, 2019, 9:32 am Aha! It's an .aup (Audacity project) file, not an MP3.

After recording, you must export it as an MP3.

In Audacity, after recording and doing whatever edits to the file, go to File/Export, then Export as MP3.

Under Format Options, make sure Bit Rate Mode is "Constant" and choose "Quality" of 128kbps.
When exporting, you will probably see a box that allows one to edit metadata. Just ignore this. Don't add data and just hit 'okay.'
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Thank you all! I will try again, and let you know how it goes!
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I must be the biggest dummy on Librivox. Where do I find "format options"? I've been all over the Audacity dashboard several times, and cannot locate it
My name is Mark
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It shows under where you put in the file name when you export.

7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

OMG, thanks again!
My name is Mark
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

7A2c3Ml wrote: June 18th, 2019, 9:57 am I must be the biggest dummy on Librivox.
That's my title.
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Nope, still won't work. I've done everything, and it still keeps coming up "aup" instead of Mp3. I'm doing something wrong at this stage, clearly, but I've no idea what it is. The videos don't seem to help, because they simply omit the filling out of the dropdown screen when you go to export as an MP3. There are several things to fill out, and I'm choosing the wrong answers, clearly
My name is Mark
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

7A2c3Ml wrote: June 18th, 2019, 11:30 am Nope, still won't work. I've done everything, and it still keeps coming up "aup" instead of Mp3. I'm doing something wrong at this stage, clearly, but I've no idea what it is. The videos don't seem to help, because they simply omit the filling out of the dropdown screen when you go to export as an MP3. There are several things to fill out, and I'm choosing the wrong answers, clearly
Hang in there! Don't give up!!! it will work out eventually. Also thanks for t he tip about the video missing that section about exporting as an MP3. I'll check it out right now. Image
EDIT: OMG you are right. It 's not in there darn it. This video "How to Set your LibriVox tech specs" does show it at about 1:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8JkCgKo3fU&t=72s and I will fix the other ones.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

7A2c3Ml wrote: June 18th, 2019, 11:30 am Nope, still won't work. I've done everything, and it still keeps coming up "aup" instead of Mp3. I'm doing something wrong at this stage, clearly, but I've no idea what it is. The videos don't seem to help, because they simply omit the filling out of the dropdown screen when you go to export as an MP3. There are several things to fill out, and I'm choosing the wrong answers, clearly
Just an idea here, could you check where you are sending the mp3 file? It may be trying to send it to a strange folder. If you could select Desktop (if you haven't already), maybe you can see it. I'm suspecting that you are exporting it correctly but can't find it.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I decided I'll spell out EVERRYTHING, and maybe that way someone will spot where I go wrong. Incidentally, the files are not longer even showing up when the MP3 window opens, so something is going wrong even earlier in the process. But I'll start from when I hit export to MP3.
The window opens. I first see "Save as:Audacity" Is that what it should say?
This is followed by "names", which I presume means the names of files.. It showed me one file, "Test_7a2cml_data", from yesterday! and then a second "Test_mleder_data" from earlier today. {Like I said, I've tried 3 times since then, and none even show up!]
Under that it asks for a file name, which I assume would be "test_mleder" again, no? Under that, "Save as type", which correctly says "MP3 Files"
Is any of this helpful? I fear not since, as I said, the more recent files are not even showing up at all. Let me ask another question. AFTER I think I've done the exporting, and x out that screen, now I'm back to the Audacity dashboard. A new screen appears, asking if I want to save the project? Is that a yes or a no?
My name is Mark