ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

livia wrote: June 10th, 2019, 12:35 am Here's another fable by Grigore Alexandrescu (my last ricording for msw collection 022):

• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_ursulsilupul_alexandrescu_lf_128kb.mp3
• Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 04:15
• URL for online text - https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015070383685&view=1up&seq=419
• Title of work - Ursul și Lupul
thank you, Livia, another perfect PL ok. It's a fable about the bear and the wolf, if I understood the title correctly. I did not get all the details from the story though :lol: Were they trying to harm the cows ? :hmm:

Sonia
livia

Post by livia »

Kitty wrote: June 10th, 2019, 3:38 am
• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_ursulsilupul_alexandrescu_lf_128kb.mp3
another perfect PL ok. It's a fable about the bear and the wolf, if I understood the title correctly. I did not get all the details from the story though :lol: Were they trying to harm the cows ? :hmm:

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia :D

That's right, the title of the fable is "The Bear and the Wolf" (I hope it is good translation into English)

In the kingdom of animals, the Bear came to power instead of the Lion. The other animals (the subjects) brought to the palace gifts (a cow, a ox, etc.). Only the bulls did not swear they would be friends with the bear. Wolf gave the two lambs to the bear, and assured him that he would be a faithful subject. Wolves have received the important ministry of the kingdom. After a while the lion appears in the palace to take his throne. The wolves have left the bear to be the lion's subjects. But the bulls saved the Bear from the attack of the Lion.
   It is a mistake to believe in everyone's words.
   Only the facts can show us the real friends.

Best regards! :)

Livia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

livia wrote: June 10th, 2019, 8:59 am The wolves have left the bear to be the lion's subjects. But the bulls saved the Bear from the attack of the Lion.
   It is a mistake to believe in everyone's words.
   Only the facts can show us the real friends.

ohhhh yes interesting, and a very good moral. I like it :thumbs: thanks for clarifying

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

It's great that you started another one of those, Todd :thumbs:

My contribution:
• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_polowanie_sieroszewski_pn_128kb.mp3
• Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 23:05
• URL for online text - https://polona.pl/item/na-daleki-wschod-kartki-z-podrozy,ODc4NTU0NzA/254/#info:metadata
• Title of work - Polowanie na wieloryby
• Date of publication - 1904
• Name of author - Wacław Sieroszewski (new author in the database)
• Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1858-1945
• URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wac%C5%82aw_Sieroszewski
• Brief indication of the work in a few words: opowiadanie, polowanie, wieloryby
• Language: Polish
• Reader's name to use on the catalogue page: Piotr Nater

Btw. the author's life was really turbulent and could be a good material for a film. He definitely managed to use the lemons that life threw at him and turn them into lemonande. Sent to Siberia for anti-Tsarist activity, he used this opportunity to investigate the life and customs of indigenous tribes, such as Yakuts, and wrote numerous ethographic reports, short stories and novels, which brought him recognition.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 5:07 am Btw. the author's life was really turbulent and could be a good material for a film. He definitely managed to use the lemons that life threw at him and turn them into lemonande. Sent to Siberia for anti-Tsarist activity, he used this opportunity to investigate the life and customs of indigenous tribes, such as Yakuts, and wrote numerous ethographic reports, short stories and novels, which brought him recognition.
sounds like an interesting book. Do they have it in PD translation already ? :hmm:

I will PL soon or do you have a PLer lined up already ? Not that the work is done double

Thanks

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Not sure what book you're referring to. His books are certainly available in Polish and Russian, I saw at least one short story in English translation on PG too.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 5:52 am Not sure what book you're referring to. His books are certainly available in Polish and Russian, I saw at least one short story in English translation on PG too.
I meant the book about the life of the Yakuts

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I looked it up on Interet Archive, and, other than selected short stories, they only have THIS in English.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Kitty wrote: June 15th, 2019, 5:48 am
I will PL soon or do you have a PLer lined up already ? Not that the work is done double

Thanks

Sonia
I sent a PL to NinaBrown. Let's wait and see what see says, OK?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 6:12 am I sent a PL to NinaBrown. Let's wait and see what see says, OK?
ok I will wait for confirmation :)

and thanks for the link...I'll check it out

Sonia
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 5:07 am It's great that you started another one of those, Todd :thumbs:

My contribution:
• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_polowanie_sieroszewski_pn_128kb.mp3
• Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 23:05
• URL for online text - https://polona.pl/item/na-daleki-wschod-kartki-z-podrozy,ODc4NTU0NzA/254/#info:metadata
• Title of work - Polowanie na wieloryby
• Date of publication - 1904
• Name of author - Wacław Sieroszewski (new author in the database)
• Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1858-1945
• URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wac%C5%82aw_Sieroszewski
• Brief indication of the work in a few words: opowiadanie, polowanie, wieloryby
• Language: Polish
• Reader's name to use on the catalogue page: Piotr Nater

Btw. the author's life was really turbulent and could be a good material for a film. He definitely managed to use the lemons that life threw at him and turn them into lemonande. Sent to Siberia for anti-Tsarist activity, he used this opportunity to investigate the life and customs of indigenous tribes, such as Yakuts, and wrote numerous ethographic reports, short stories and novels, which brought him recognition.
PL OK! Ready to go.
-nina-
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Kitty wrote: May 26th, 2019, 11:54 am and I again recorded a Luxembourgish poem for this collection. My sister will soon hop by and PL it for me.
It wasn't soon, but I finally got around to listening to it. I loved this little gem of a poem, and especially the clear and thoughtful way you read it. Beautifully rendered and PL ok.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Nina and Sandra, MW updated

Sonia
J_N

Post by J_N »

Lucasoliveira wrote: June 1st, 2019, 2:27 pm Hi!Here is my contribution: (I'm from Brazil, but I'm on a trip in Uruguay, so I think this is PD from me) :D
  • Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 00:55
  • Title of work - こころ通はざる日に
[...]
Hi,

I listened to your recording and after checking with a professional Japanese recording, the 通 in the first line is apparently read "kayo" rather than "tsuu". For me personally, it doesn't make a difference, but it might for a native speaker.

Everything else is PL:OK. :thumbs:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!