'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your reading of Dr. Thorne by Anthony Trollope. Being housebound recently with an illness that sometimes leaves me too tired to read, this has cheered me up a lot! Your style of reading has just the perfect level of dramatic flair and simplicity to let my imagination soar.
All the best,
Thea

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jon Ingram (Jon Ingram) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I loved your recording of the Communist Manifesto. You have a great narration voice and I really appreciate the work you put in

All of Jon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GrayHouse (Ian King) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really like your reading of Wilfred Owen’s “Strange Meeting.” I’m hoping to use your audio on an upcoming music CD and wondered if you’d like me to credit you on the album sleeve. I’d be delighted to do that, as I think listeners will like to know who the reader is. Please let me know at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Pete

All of Ian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cadam10e (Cheryl Adam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Wishing Well, Behind the Green Door, The Clock Strikes Thirteen and the Silken Ladder

Dear Cheryl,

I have enjoyed all of these, thanks to your splendid narration!
So many different voices make it a pleasure to listen to. You excel with Penny's voice! I have an image in my mind of the character which doesn't always happen, well done.
There is only one thing which puzzles me, the place which is mentioned every time, something Maine! Can you please tell me the name of the town/city/village?

Keep up your excellent standard and I'll keep looking for new stories.

Kind regards,

All of Cheryl's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kri (Kristin LeMoine) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Kristin, thank you for your wonderful reading of Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness."
https://librivox.org/heart-of-darkness-by-joseph-conrad

It was beautifully read with clear enunciation and wonderfully placed pauses for emphasis. I don't think I've listened to a story read as well as this one. You made a difficult and dark story much easier to absorb.

I look forward to listening to more selections from you.

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a quick thank-you note for your reading of Pride and Prejudice!! (I think it was marked Version 4) I was amazed at your ability to switch from one person to another so effectively, that I could sometimes tell who was speaking before the speaker was named! And the english accent sounded genuine and was consistent. I thoroughly enjoyed this reading!!! It has been one of my favorite books for years, and I was a little hesitant which version to download for fear the reader would spoil my enjoyment of the story, but quite the opposite proved true! Thank-you for your time and commitment to complete it!!

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
First of all thank you so much for reading all those Pansy books!
I’ve listened to almost all of them..
And I was also wondering where you get your Pansy books?

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you! I have listened to books I would never have known of only because I enjoy your reading so much, I look up books you have read.
Thanks for your awesome readings!!

Robert
Randle, WA

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Martykrz (Marty Kris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear mr Kris, I absolutely love listening to you reading the books! You were excellent in astounding stories and ghost breaker!!!Could you please do some science fiction and murder mystery books? Thank you very much, danielle in Victoria bc

All of Marty's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) and phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimados:

He disfrutado muchísimo nuevamente de sus brillantes participaciones en librivox. Les agradezco infinitamente. Espero algún día poder colaborar como ustedes, y también poder hacerlo a su altura.
En esta ocasión les agradezco por la Dos años de vacaiones, cuento que me ayudó a cortar el pasto en el verano pasado de mi Argentina, disfrutando las aventuras de los chicos perdidos y entender un poco más del capítulo aquel donde los chicos en los Simpsons se pierden en una isla y arman su sociedad. Si realmente niños de esa edad tenían todos los conocimientos que se les atribuyen en tal historia, hemos retrocedido bastante...
También disfruté la tonada de la Isla del Tesoro donde "Quince son los que buscan el tesoro de aquel muerto". Buenas aventuras entre las que la pintura del pirata ciego me causó un gran estremecimiento. acorde a un relato claramente.
Terminé ayer con La Vuelta al Mundo en 80 días. Y mientras siempre supe el argumento de cómo se ganaba el día, nadie mejor que Verne y Vicente Guimerá para hacérmelo entender. Es tan diáfana la forma de presentarlo que no deja duda alguna de cómo funciona.
Por último, y con quebradura en el medio justo comenzando con el Paraíso, La Divina Comedia. Qué se puede decir. Sublime. Siendo yo católico y oyendo tan bien pintados los retratos de las postrimerías de la vida, sangre helada en más de un pasaje. Me han quedado muchas ganas de seguir deshaciendo sus líneas y estudiando al respecto, pero cualquier análisis de la obra (de casi cualqueir obra) la desluce de la forma en que se envejece y estropea un traje sastre. Así que seguiré escuchando a los clásicos originales con la única mediación del traductor y de vuestra excelentísima interpretación.
Aprovecho para comentar que en La Comedia, los audios 095 y 096 están cambiados de orden. En el primero se haya el canto vigésimo noveno del Paraíso mientras que el vigésimo octavo está en el último. Incluso, el nombre que muestra el reproductor es correcto pero están ordenados al revés en el nombre del documento de audio.
Me parecía importante ese comentario porque es un detalle menor pero ayuda a mejorar sutilmente vuestro trabajo.
A cada uno de ustedes, muchas gracias.
Sigan con esta gran tarea que tanto me acompaña en mis viajes al trabajo diariamente y que llena el alma con los grandes escritores de nuestra querida humanidad.
Salud!!!

All of Tux's recordings!
All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for laineyben (laineyben) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Laineyben:

You have done an amazing and wonderful job on The Ivory Child and in fact all of the H Rider Haggard works. THANK YOU!!! Might you do King Solomon’s Mine or Marie? Or better yet the complete canon of Alan Quatermain novels? Thanks for your hard work and excellent performance . Leo

All of laineyben's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Path of Prosperity:
Hi Andrea

I listen to this audio book every day! Thank you so much for your reading, its such a pleasure to listen to.

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

icequeen wrote: June 15th, 2019, 9:18 pm Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks!

Internet searches, most of them! I think most of them have come from Archive.org, but there might have been other sources. One I had a hard copy of from somewhere (can't remember where at the moment), I took pictures of the pages and put the "scans" on Archive myself. :)

(The e-text link on the catalog page shows the text source.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

TriciaG wrote: June 15th, 2019, 9:45 pm
icequeen wrote: June 15th, 2019, 9:18 pm Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks!

Internet searches, most of them! I think most of them have come from Archive.org, but there might have been other sources. One I had a hard copy of from somewhere (can't remember where at the moment), I took pictures of the pages and put the "scans" on Archive myself. :)

(The e-text link on the catalog page shows the text source.)
I passed this one for you, Tricia! Thanks!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
pauldboyer

Post by pauldboyer »

Thank you Bob Neufeld for your reading of Plato's Republic. I first listened to it when I drove to Dallas for the start of my Masters in Humanities program at the University of Dallas. Since I'd never read the entirety of the Republic previous to this, it was a huge help listening to it in its entirety by you, especially considering Socrates' emphasis on the importance of dialectic. I now teach the Republic with my 11th graders and encourage them to listen to your version as they read along. Even though it's a different version (we use Allan Bloom 2nd/3rd edition), I tell my students it's helpful to read the text while simultaneously listening to it. I also listen to the relevant portion on my way to school in the morning before class begins as a refresher from what I've read the night before. So thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Sincerely, Paul