Hello from Wisconsin!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Andreajackan1

Post by Andreajackan1 »

Greetings!

My name is Andrea and I just joined the Librivox Community.

I am married and a stay at home mother of 3. My oldest just graduated high school and my youngest just turned 1.

When I first found Libravox I was a struggling single mother who fell in love with listening to audio books for free while i was at work. I would style my hair so no one could see my ear buds and I would escape into a more enjoyable world while nodding and behaving as though I was listening to the people around me. Multi tasking has always been my pleasure and Librivox was my savior! Not having any extra money this option was such a delight!

8 years later and I am a financially independent lady living in a Nationally Historic home- I love history and the world ‘before’ me. I decided about 6 months ago I was going to start my own pod cast. I purchased a decent mike and learned how to use Audacity free software rather well. I fell in love with the process of recording and creating an existence for feeling and thought, all through my voice. What I didn’t expect was how stressful and just plain not interesting it would be to come up with daily content. I love research and I love recording but putting them both together is more then I have time or passion for right now.
Last night I decided I will either write a dark comedy novel or find a way to enjoy recording and creating though the joy of speech. I am now here writing this introduction of me, thank you for reading.

I look forward to creating with voice!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Welcome!

I'm in Wisconsin, too!

I loved reading your introduction and I'm so glad you have joined us. Any questions, always feel free to ask!

P.S. If you are visited by the LivriVox penguin, do not be alarmed. He is very gentle and kind.
Andreajackan1

Post by Andreajackan1 »

Hay Kevin!

I am pleased to meet you. Any advice for a beginner to the Librivox world is appreciated.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Advice? So much depends on your circumstances. With little ones at home, you might find it hard to find time for longer readings. You might start with poems or shorter chapters of books or you might use your skills in reading to children by recording some of the really delightful titles out there for the young.

I guess I'd say, go slowly, but I know you're going to take to this like a duck to water.

Questions? Just ask!
Andreajackan1

Post by Andreajackan1 »

I have about 3 hrs a day. I am excited to begin😀
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

The LibriVox pinguin is doing her welcome dance! Welcome to LibriVox! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and just downright niceness. Proceed with caution. Toy not included.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk