Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

May I claim Section 66?
Kind regards,
Chad
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi
I see Chad would like section 66 so please assign to him as I've already narrated 7 sections.
thanks
Duane
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Thanks, Duane!
There is still section 62 left unclaimed - perhaps you would like that ? :wink:
K. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Horner94 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 6:22 am May I claim Section 66?
Kind regards,
Chad
Chad, 66 is yours! Thanks!
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi, Kiki!
I'll take it!!!! This thing is addictive! I can't wait to read more!!!! 62 it is!!! many thanks!
Cheers!
Duane
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

VODuane wrote: June 11th, 2019, 6:14 pm Hi
Section 40 is complete and uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_40_higginson_128kb.mp3
and is 12:23 in length. Please advise if any changes are necessary.
Thanks
Duane
Hi
Section 65 is complete and uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_65_higginson_128kb.mp3 and length is 12:55.
Thanks! I'd also like to read section 66 if still available please and then all sections in this book should be completed and/or assigned!
Duane
Hi Duane-- :thumbs: :thumbs:

Section 40: PL OK
Section 65: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Sabrina--I listened to your track, and you have a lovely voice. Really good job! :) There are no problems with the reading of the text itself, but we have a few technical things to fix.

--First, the volume is quite low at 83.5 dB. So I need you to amplify the recording by 6.0 to get it closer to our goal of 89 dB.
--The beginning silence is too long at almost 5 seconds. We want no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, so please snip out some of the beginning silence. And we do want 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording.
--Finally, the last line in your track is ""End of A Book of American Explorers, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson." However, that line is supposed to be read only after the last section in the book. So could you please delete that particular line from the end of your recording?

That's it! Just for your information, many of us who record here at Librivox use a very helpful tool called "Checker" on our tracks (myself included). It is a free program that you can download. It gives you information on the volume and other technical details so you can confirm that your file is within specs before uploading it. If interested, you can find information about downloading Checker and and a short, helpful video about how to use it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

So upload the edited file using the same file name, post the link and also the length of the track here in this thread again--and then I'll take another quick look at it. Please let us know if you have any questions--we'll be glad to help. And thank you!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

VODuane wrote: June 13th, 2019, 11:59 am Hi, Kiki!
I'll take it!!!! This thing is addictive! I can't wait to read more!!!! 62 it is!!! many thanks!
Cheers!
Duane
Great! So we are now fully set and moving to Readers Found forum! :clap: :clap: :clap:
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Bingo Bango! Section 62 is in the can!! https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_62_higginson_128kb.mp3

Length is 16:10

Hope all is well! Now I've got to find something else to narrate! Thanks for all your help Kiki and Lucretia!
Duane
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Thanks, Duane! Glad to have you in this project! Just look around, there are many many interesting books open for readers... :wink:
K. :)
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Thanks Kiki! I thought I saw another one you had ( can’t remember exactly what) but I didn’t see any script to read yet? Perhaps in process? I’ll keep looking! Thanks for your help on this project! It was lots of fun! All the best!
Duane
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

VODuane wrote: June 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm Bingo Bango! Section 62 is in the can!! https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_62_higginson_128kb.mp3
Length is 16:10
Hope all is well! Now I've got to find something else to narrate! Thanks for all your help Kiki and Lucretia!
Duane
Hi Duane--

Section 62: PL OK

If you're like me, you will find too many interesting sections for the recording time available to you. And great new projects always popping up. A happy dilemma! :) Thanks again for your efforts here.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Thanks so much to you Lucretia for your hard work! A pleasure to work with you and I hope I get the opportunity again!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers!
Duane
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »