[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 10th, 2019, 10:38 am

King Goblin 19 is PL OK!
I believe that is the last of King Goblin, making this character completely PL OK. In that case, great job, Silverquill, and well read! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of listening to your recordings. :wink: Thank you for recording!
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 10th, 2019, 10:39 am

Thank you Rachel!

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 10th, 2019, 10:46 am

Narrator 19 is PL OK!
Splendid job, Bhavya, this was beautifully read! Definitely PL OK, and a pleasure to listen to. :wink:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 10th, 2019, 10:47 am

And chapter 19 is ready to edit! I'm not going to edit the chapters yet, though, till everything is PL OK.
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 10th, 2019, 11:09 am

I'm thinking that with Curdie 6, I'll ignore the PL note, because I edit the whole chapter anyway, so when I get to that part in editing, I'll just edit it out. Does that work? And I'll make a note that it's @ 4:18 in the curdie lines, to edit it.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 10th, 2019, 11:11 am

ej400 wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 11:09 am
I'm thinking that with Curdie 6, I'll ignore the PL note, because I edit the whole chapter anyway, so when I get to that part in editing, I'll just edit it out. Does that work? And I'll make a note that it's @ 4:18 in the curdie lines, to edit it.
Sounds good :thumbs:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 11th, 2019, 9:16 am

I just realized this. Don't DR's usually have the dramatis personae inside Chapter 1, or the first act? It's alright if that is true, because we can have a separate file for our dramatis personae. But then, do we have to do something like "dramatis personae of the princess and the goblin. (librivox introduction), dramatis personae" ?

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 11th, 2019, 9:55 am

ej400 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 9:16 am
I just realized this. Don't DR's usually have the dramatis personae inside Chapter 1, or the first act? It's alright if that is true, because we can have a separate file for our dramatis personae. But then, do we have to do something like "dramatis personae of the princess and the goblin. (librivox introduction), dramatis personae" ?
The DRs I've seen, the Dramatis Personae is a separate file before chapter 1. But we might need Bhavya to read the opening portion of that...I'm not entirely sure...
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4535
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » June 11th, 2019, 10:02 am

You can add another section for dramatis personae (the cast list). It will need to have a standard intro and ending, usually that is narrator - but can be read by anyone.

Don’t worry about trying to make a section 00 at this point. I can take care of that as part of the catalog processing.

David O

ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 11th, 2019, 10:04 am

dlolso21 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 10:02 am
You can add another section for dramatis personae (the cast list). It will need to have a standard intro and ending, usually that is narrator - but can be read by anyone.

Don’t worry about trying to make a section 00 at this point. I can take care of that as part of the catalog processing.

David O
Oh awesome, thank you David!

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 11th, 2019, 10:38 am

Narrator 24 is almost PL OK!
At 2:14, there is a long pause where the sentences should connect. Just cut that and it'll be immediately PL OK!

Great job, Bhavya, wonderful reading, as usual. :thumbs:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 12th, 2019, 10:27 am

Curdie 21 is wonderfully read!
There are a few PL notes as well as a couple major issues with the file, though. Starting with regular PL notes:
-4:33-36- stumble on "I must follow her"- as you reread this, cut this stumble out entirely.
Now for the other issues.
-8:34-56- lines are colored wrong. These are actually supposed to be Irene's lines-- reading it carefully, you can see why. If Curdie does not see the thread, he would not say this, which are the lines you read:
'Then what can be the matter with your finger? I feel it perfectly. To be sure it is very thin, and in the sunlight looks just like the thread of a spider, though there are many of them twisted together to make it—but for all that I can't think why you shouldn't feel it as well as I do.'
Which means also that we will have to have Leanne record these lines as well. I'll make a note in the MW.
-Finally, this section is unfinished. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the file of Curdie 22 picks up where 21 is left off. But only thing is, I haven't the faintest idea of where the real Curdie 22 went. Is it the Curdie 23 file...? :hmm:

But aside from all technical issues, wonderful reading! I love the expression you put in all your lines, as well as the clarity and diction. I just don't know how you manage to wait so long for the silences! I'm always on the edge of my chair when I record, and I can't hold myself back too long. That's why I never have enough silence between my lines :thumbs:

Thanks and God bless,
Rachel
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 12th, 2019, 10:57 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:27 am
These are actually supposed to be Irene's lines-- reading it carefully, you can see why. If Curdie does not see the thread, he would not say this, which are the lines you read:
'Then what can be the matter with your finger? I feel it perfectly. To be sure it is very thin, and in the sunlight looks just like the thread of a spider, though there are many of them twisted together to make it—but for all that I can't think why you shouldn't feel it as well as I do.'
Which means also that we will have to have Leanne record these lines as well. I'll make a note in the MW.
-Finally, this section is unfinished. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the file of Curdie 22 picks up where 21 is left off. But only thing is, I haven't the faintest idea of where the real Curdie 22 went. Is it the Curdie 23 file...? :hmm:
Wrongly colored lines make everything confusing. Yeah, I have no idea what happened with Curdie 22. Maybe 23 is 22, because maybe Curdie isn't in 23? Let me check...

Nope, it says he's in 21-23. I'll have to go around through my files, and Curdie's lines to see...

OK. So Chapter 21 Curdie, is the one where he's with Irene. Chapter 22 is where they meet the grandmother (or rather Irene does), and 23 is just Curdie and his parents talking about why he should go back to the princess.

Are there any files you remember that had ANY of these? I'm confused

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 12th, 2019, 12:53 pm

ej400 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:57 am
JayKitty76 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:27 am
These are actually supposed to be Irene's lines-- reading it carefully, you can see why. If Curdie does not see the thread, he would not say this, which are the lines you read:
'Then what can be the matter with your finger? I feel it perfectly. To be sure it is very thin, and in the sunlight looks just like the thread of a spider, though there are many of them twisted together to make it—but for all that I can't think why you shouldn't feel it as well as I do.'
Which means also that we will have to have Leanne record these lines as well. I'll make a note in the MW.
-Finally, this section is unfinished. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the file of Curdie 22 picks up where 21 is left off. But only thing is, I haven't the faintest idea of where the real Curdie 22 went. Is it the Curdie 23 file...? :hmm:
Wrongly colored lines make everything confusing. Yeah, I have no idea what happened with Curdie 22. Maybe 23 is 22, because maybe Curdie isn't in 23? Let me check...

Nope, it says he's in 21-23. I'll have to go around through my files, and Curdie's lines to see...

OK. So Chapter 21 Curdie, is the one where he's with Irene. Chapter 22 is where they meet the grandmother (or rather Irene does), and 23 is just Curdie and his parents talking about why he should go back to the princess.

Are there any files you remember that had ANY of these? I'm confused
Ugh. I'm confused, too.
I don't remember any of your actually reading chapter 22. I previewed the first 15 seconds or so of 23, and it's right on track. So my guess is (and it seems the most likely...) is that you somehow split up chapter 21 into two files, naming one of them 21 and one of them 22. My guess is you didn't record 22 (the real one)...unless the end of 21 and the whole of 22 are in the same 22 file.
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1769
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » June 12th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Problem solved!

So the file of Curdie 22 has both the continuation of Curdie 21 and the entire Curdie 22. So what you need to do, Elijah, is actually very simple.
Using the copy-and-paste in Audacity (I never asked, but I'm assuming you're using Audacity) go to your Curdie 22 file. Copy the continuation of Curdie 21 from that file into the rest of your original 21 file, where it cuts off. Then cut the continuation from the 22 file. After that, just reexport and upload it and I'll spot check it. Glad this got figure out! :wink:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

Post Reply