jaireader

Post by jaireader »

Hi Again,
Here is no longer orphaned Chapter 35 - Immortal Love. Length is 9:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_35_mabie_128kb.mp3

~ JaiReader
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks, that’s fantastic! I prefer orphaning sections in an active project - they get picked up so much more quickly than after everything else is done!

I suggest watching this thread, as I suspect I will be orphaning more sections soon!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

jaireader wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 7:34 pm Hi Again,
Here is no longer orphaned Chapter 35 - Immortal Love. Length is 9:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_35_mabie_128kb.mp3

~ JaiReader
Got it. :D I very much like your voice and mode of expression, Jaireader - hope you'll do more recording, especially here if more sections get orphaned. I'm not jumping in here because I'm way behind on my own solo and have an outstanding commitment to the bio of Catherine Booth that's in progress.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 35 is PL OK. Thank you, Jaireader.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Chapter 38 is PL OK. Thank you, Jaireader.
Pattymarie
jaireader

Post by jaireader »

Thanks so much for the feedback. It’s my first foray into audio recording and it’s been a bit tricky to get the hang of Audacity and editing, etc. But when all was said and done, I really enjoyed it!
~ JaiReader
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Glad you enjoyed it! My next spiritual living book is “Love Slaves” by SL Brengle, of the Salvation Army. Funny title, but it’s about holiness and living the Christian life of evangelism.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 5-7 orphaned, as reader has not logged in for over a month, nor responded to PM.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

May I claim Sections 5 - 7?
Kind regards,
Chad
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That would be great! Thanks Chad!
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Elizabby wrote: June 11th, 2019, 2:28 pm That would be great! Thanks Chad!
Thank you.
Here is the audio recording for Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_05_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 07:39
Kind regards,
Chad
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 5 is PL OK. Thank you, Chad. The technical aspects are much improved, too. :) I hope you're enjoying a beautiful vacation on the Mediterranean. I live near the Med and vacation in Northumberland; it's an escape from the heat as well as a time of reveling in the relics of the history I studied and in northern English spirituality that has its roots in Ireland via Iona.
Pattymarie
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

pattymarie wrote: June 12th, 2019, 3:33 am Section 5 is PL OK. Thank you, Chad. The technical aspects are much improved, too. :) I hope you're enjoying a beautiful vacation on the Mediterranean. I live near the Med and vacation in Northumberland; it's an escape from the heat as well as a time of reveling in the relics of the history I studied and in northern English spirituality that has its roots in Ireland via Iona.
Hey, thanks!
The weather is definitely nice and sunny here in Benidorm during the day, it rained a bit once, but so far it has been mostly sunshine!

Below are the links for Chapters 6 & 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_06_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 08:27

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_07_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 06:57

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind regards,
Chad
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 6 and 7 are PL OK. Thanks, Chad.

This is nothing to try to change with these recordings, but something you might still like to work on to give your listeners a more thoroughly enjoyable experience is toning down your sibilant sounds ( mostly s sounds). They are still quite loud and sharp. My fairly successful solution for that was to switch from recording with a headset mic plugged into the computer to using a small portable recorder that I place on a shelf at the level of my head but not exactly the level of my mouth and sitting to record so that my voice goes at an angle, a slightly oblique one in my case, to the mic from a few inches away. I've sometimes used a nylon stocking stretched over a wire clothes hanger in front of my mouth, too, but that puts more distance between my mouth and mic which reduces the volume. My recorder is a fits-in-the-palm Sony machine, gray with a black panel around the screen and control buttons--no numbers or other descriptors in the name, just Sony is all it says. It was a gift, but I know its price was under a hundred dollars. A lot of Librivoxers use and recommend Zoom H2n (that's the latest label I've known it as)--my best recordings were done on one of those belonging to a friend, but it's pricier and, for me, much more difficult to operate.

Anyway, I'm glad you got to do some more chapters on this project.
Pattymarie