COMPLETE Leatherface by Emma Orczy - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Did you select my "name" from the drop down menu? The file is not in my folder, at least I can check that for the time being.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

Yes, I chose your name, as usual. There seems to be something off about the uploader, it takes too long, doesn't add the name, etc.
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I am uploading a file right now and I am not having any problems. Are you sure that the file is an mp3? The only other thing I can suggest is to wait until tomorrow morning to upload your file. Let me know if you are still having problems.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

I've tried uploading the file (it looks like an mp3 and has that ending) both with chrome and IE. The process seems just like usual, but it doesn't add your name to the file. I've also tried some other names and files, and it is doing the same thing with them. Any ideas?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Let me ask the other admins, just to see if they have any ideas. I am at a loss for ideas.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

OK. FYI I also tried using my other laptop, and had the same results. :?:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The question was if you are seeing the green progress bar that fills in as the file uploads? Also, try a different file, something small, to see if it is the file instead of you or the computer.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

I tried 4 files, two of which had been successfully uploaded before. I tried 2 different MCs. The green status bar does progress, as usual, although it seems slow to me. The name of the file appears (that I would normally copy and paste), but without the librivox tag and the MC name.

I'm the only one having this problem? :!: :?:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, here is another thing to try. I am going to paste this from a post from knotyouraveragejo.

Tell her to try deleting all metadata, resave the file and try again. I think it was Adobe Audition that caused problems with uploading and it was some metadata field that kept the file from being recognized correctly.

Basically, if there is anything in the tags, delete it. Let me know if this works for you.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

I'm not sure what is meant by metadata or tags. I read about it on Wiki, but am not sure how to delete it. Sorry, I'm just not an IT person.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

If you are using Audacity, the tags are those bits of information that we use to put in why exporting the file as an mp3 file. So, it is the window that pops up after you name the file, where you would put the author and title of the book. I don't know which recording program you use, but if it is Audacity you would export your file as an mp3, then in the pop up window clear out all the fields that have anything in them. Then hit save.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

YES!!!! I am so glad that got all worked, Deon!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

Yes! Thanks again for your guidance and ideas. I ran out of time last night and didn't put the link in the MW, so thanks for doing that, also. By the way, do I enter the Ready for PL note? Or is that your task? Have a good day!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

deongines wrote: June 13th, 2019, 6:46 am Yes! Thanks again for your guidance and ideas. I ran out of time last night and didn't put the link in the MW, so thanks for doing that, also. By the way, do I enter the Ready for PL note? Or is that your task? Have a good day!

You should be the one who does that, just as another way to let your PLer know that there is a section waiting for her. Some people check what is ready to listen to from their catalog page instead of coming to the forum first.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!