COMPLETE: Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 9 by Various Authors - leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

growlands wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:19 pm Hi, can I claim Section 6, please? Depending on how quickly I get it done, I might come back for more :)
Sure! Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 20
PL OK

Excellent Colleen! :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Leni, I've been/am sick and make slow progress on the Twain. Paula
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Hi there. I would like to claim section 2.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

pmessina wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 12:22 pm Leni, I've been/am sick and make slow progress on the Twain. Paula
Thanks for letting us know, Paula!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tcjsavannah wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 2:28 pm Hi there. I would like to claim section 2.
Hello, and thanks for claiming! Isee you already have an OK on your one-minute test. Now I only need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be credited, to add you to our catalog! :D
Leni
=================
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Leni wrote: June 4th, 2019, 5:38 am Hello, and thanks for claiming! Isee you already have an OK on your one-minute test. Now I only need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be credited, to add you to our catalog! :D
Please add me under my name, Chad Jackson. Thanks!
citharadraconis

Post by citharadraconis »

Could I claim Section 5, please? :)
Amy
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tcjsavannah wrote: June 4th, 2019, 6:58 am
Leni wrote: June 4th, 2019, 5:38 am Hello, and thanks for claiming! Isee you already have an OK on your one-minute test. Now I only need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be credited, to add you to our catalog! :D
Please add me under my name, Chad Jackson. Thanks!
Great! Here is your shiny new page: https://librivox.org/reader/13400
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

citharadraconis wrote: June 4th, 2019, 11:09 am Could I claim Section 5, please? :)
Sure, thanks! :D
Leni
=================
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Please uncheck me from all sections that I have not completed yet.

Thank you,

Mike
COGITO ! , (cough... volunteering) ERGO SUM !, :)
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Hi leni, I have uploaded my section.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature9_02_various_128kb.mp3
24:53

I did not run any sort of effects on it, mostly because I was not certain where to begin and Audacity has a dizzying array of them. If there is anything that I need to do to the file, please let me know. Thank you!

-- Chad
citharadraconis

Post by citharadraconis »

Just a quick question about the Chatterton. Most of the poems are written in his idiosyncratic pseudo-medieval style; in many cases, the scansion doesn't actually work when words are pronounced in what would be proper fashion for Middle English. Is it all right if I "hybridize" the pronunciation in a way that seems to me to work with the meter, and to strike a balance between faithfulness and comprehensibility to a modern ear? My instinct is to be flexible about this, since he was basically making up words and spellings as he went, but I wanted to check with others about whether I should be stricter.
Last edited by citharadraconis on June 8th, 2019, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amy
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

MajorHistory wrote: June 7th, 2019, 12:04 pm Please uncheck me from all sections that I have not completed yet.

Thank you,

Mike
Done.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

citharadraconis wrote: June 8th, 2019, 2:59 pm Just a quick question about the Chatterton. Most of the poems are written in his idiosyncratic pseudo-medieval style; in many cases, the scansion doesn't actually work when words are pronounced in what would be proper fashion for Middle English. Is it all right if I "hybridize" the pronunciation in a way that seems to me to work with the meter, and to strike a balance between faithfulness and comprehensibility to a modern ear? My instinct is to be flexible about this, since he was basically making up words and spellings as he went, but I wanted to check with others about whether I should be stricter.
Makes perfect sense to me, Amy! Feel free to do so. :)
Leni
=================