COMPLETE[PLAY]Dr Johnson by A Edward Newton - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MikeCasey

Post by MikeCasey »

ToddHW wrote: June 7th, 2019, 5:55 am
MikeCasey wrote: June 6th, 2019, 8:50 pm
ToddHW wrote: June 6th, 2019, 10:21 am Thank you.

Todd
Rad, Todd.
This will be my first attempt at a dramatic recording. I anticipate that it will be a lot of fun. Not to mention that I won't have to edit the finished product, hehe.
I do hope you have fun with this. I enjoy the dramatic works, particularly plays.

While as you note you don't have to edit everything together here, your part with others, please do either leave during recording or cut in long enough gaps (~5 second?) between lines so that I can easily do the manipulations and assemble the completed play.

Also eliminate any stumbles or multiple tries from your part file so it is complete and ready for use. It also helps if you get the overall sound level adjusted right so I won't run into any noise or clipping issues if I have to do adjustments later on. (Since you have already done book sections here at Librivox, you had to do all these things there too.)

Thanks, Todd
No worries. I'll be on top of it. Thanks.
MikeCasey

Post by MikeCasey »

ToddHW wrote: June 6th, 2019, 10:21 am Thank you.

Todd
Mr. Levett -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drjohnson_mrlevett_01_128kb.mp3

mm:ss - 01:56
1.77 MB
86.5 dB
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Mike, a great debut into your LV drama career 8-) I particularly love the outburst when he talks about his wife who is jail :lol: you gave him an interesting character.

there are 5 lines missing though, could you please insert those at the right spot still:

> at about 1:40: (p. 15) missing lines "Dr. Johnson, may I have a word with you ? (etc) ... you will stand for your character."

Sonia
MikeCasey

Post by MikeCasey »

Kitty wrote: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am
thank you, Mike, a great debut into your LV drama career 8-) I particularly love the outburst when he talks about his wife who is jail :lol: you gave him an interesting character.

there are 5 lines missing though, could you please insert those at the right spot still:

> at about 1:40: (p. 15) missing lines "Dr. Johnson, may I have a word with you ? (etc) ... you will stand for your character."

Sonia
Of course. Thank you. Sorry about that, I guess the scan-to-text has a harder time with some fonts than others. I'll get right on it.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh Sir Joshua is so sensitive in this act, very well done, Alan, thanks. Totally PL ok. The last sentence was spoken with such sadness. :( a very emotional ending.

Sonia
MikeCasey

Post by MikeCasey »

Kitty wrote: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Sonia
Ok, let's try that one more time.

Mr. Levett -

mm:ss - 02:28
2.26 MB
86.0 dB

Thanks, Kitty :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MikeCasey wrote: June 15th, 2019, 8:13 pmOk, let's try that one more time.

Mr. Levett -
so just to make sure, you only recorded those missing lines, you did not re-record it all, right ? Only because I just did a Spot PL and didn't listen to the rest once again. Let me know if I have to.

Otherwise, it's not PL ok. This man definitely made a poor choice in his wife :lol:

Thanks, Mike

Sonia
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

May I claim Section 8?

By the way, I cannot get access to the text. Can you please help me with this?

Kind regards,
Chad
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:27 pm
Foon wrote: June 1st, 2019, 11:38 amHere's Mrs. Thrale:
ah, you're Mrs Thrale, the one who shocked my dear Fanny so much by marrying this musician Piozzi. How could you ?! :mrgreen: excellently played throughout, Foon, you're playing the perfect countryhouse hostess to perfection. :thumbs:

Acts 2 and 3 already PL ok.

Only one small note for Act 1:

> at 2:31: (p. 29) "of a [with a curtsy] charming woman from Wales - you forgot to leave sufficient space for the insertion of the narrator here. It may be very difficult to accurately cut this sentence, so a re-do of this line may be easier

thanks

Sonia
Here it is, now with space: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doctorjohnson_mrsthrale_1_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:41 amHere it is, now with space: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doctorjohnson_mrsthrale_1_128kb.mp3
thank you, now it will be easier to edit. PL ok

Sonia
MikeCasey

Post by MikeCasey »

Kitty wrote: June 16th, 2019, 3:32 am
MikeCasey wrote: June 15th, 2019, 8:13 pmOk, let's try that one more time.

Mr. Levett -
so just to make sure, you only recorded those missing lines, you did not re-record it all, right ? Only because I just did a Spot PL and didn't listen to the rest once again. Let me know if I have to.

Otherwise, it's not PL ok. This man definitely made a poor choice in his wife :lol:

Thanks, Mike

Sonia
Correct, I just added the missing lines to the previous recording. :thumbs:
Thanks!
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I would like to play the short part of the Italian tutor. Mr Baretti, II act, page 60
I think the role is suitable to me :D .

Pier
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd