[COMPLETE][POETRY] The Poems of Madison Cawein, Volume 3 by Madison Cawein - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 6th, 2019, 8:40 am

Horner94 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:43 am
May I claim Sections 47 & 200?
Kind regards,
Chad
You are in for these.
Thank you.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 6th, 2019, 8:42 am

Amirious wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 5:35 am
Here they are! :)
Poems number 195 and 208:


https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_195_cawein_128kb.mp3
duration: 1:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_208_cawein_128kb.mp3
duration: 1:49
Thank you!
These are in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry

Horner94
Posts: 924
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » June 6th, 2019, 10:22 am

silverquill wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 8:40 am
Horner94 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:43 am
May I claim Sections 47 & 200?
Kind regards,
Chad
You are in for these.
Thank you.
Thank you! :D

Please review audio recordings for Sections 47 & 200 via the links below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_200_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 03:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_047_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 08:28

Kind regards,
Chad

silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 7th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Horner94 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 10:22 am

Please review audio recordings for Sections 47 & 200 via the links below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_200_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 03:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_047_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 08:28

Kind regards,
Chad
These are in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry

brightwriter419
Posts: 37
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Post by brightwriter419 » June 7th, 2019, 8:28 pm

JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
65:

As Larry said, this is about 4 dB louder than what's expected (that would explain why amplifying wasn't working...).
Okay, I was able to "de-amplify" this a bit: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_065_cawein_128kb.mp3
JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
140:

1:31: Repetiton of 'By her and my heart'
I'm pretty sure that, in the text, the fifth stanza ends with the line "By her and my heart.", and then the sixth starts with "By her and my heart in the West."; so the repetition is part of the poem.
JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Also, not a correction, but I was going to complain that you'd misread 'demesne' as 'domain' until I looked it up and found that's how 'demesne' is pronounced... Glad I wasn't reading, as I would have said 'di-MEZ-nee'.
Yeah, I usually look up the pronunciation of words I'm not familiar with before I record. :wink:

Here are a few additional poems as well.

#26: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_026_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 2:56)
#174: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_174_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 1:21)
#191: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_191_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 1:22)

Matt

silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 7th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Thanks, Matt!
I've marked the corrected ones Ready for Spot PL and the new ones Ready for PL in the MW.
~ Larry

JorWat
Posts: 1349
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » June 8th, 2019, 5:09 pm

irondog70 wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 7:10 pm
123 The tree toad is here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_123_cawein_128kb.mp3
Duration 3:52
:)
irondog70 wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 7:48 pm
30-The farmstead
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_030_cawein_128kb.mp3
Duration: 7:53
:roll:
123 is PL OK.

30:

4:52: 'aureoles' in 'Fell in virgin aureoles' should be pronounced 'AWR-ee-ohlz' so that it rhymes with 'souls' two lines later
Amirious wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 5:35 am
Here they are! :)
Poems number 195 and 208:


https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_195_cawein_128kb.mp3
duration: 1:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_208_cawein_128kb.mp3
duration: 1:49
195:

It's the wrong bit rate. You should have a constant bit rate of 128 kbps, and you have a variable bit rate. It's also far too quiet. You should be aiming for 89 dB, and this is 84.1 dB

208:

It's the wrong bit rate. You should have a constant bit rate of 128 kbps, and you have a variable bit rate. It's also far too quiet. You should be aiming for 89 dB, and this is 83.4 dB
Horner94 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Thank you! :D

Please review audio recordings for Sections 47 & 200 via the links below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_200_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 03:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_047_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 08:28

Kind regards,
Chad
47:

Too loud. You should be aiming for 89 dB, and this is 92.7 dB
1:32: 'And tossed a thousand plums of fleecy foam' should be 'And tossed a thousand plumes of fleecy foam'
1:51: 'their form-hoofs' should be 'their foam-hoofs'
1:53: Failed take of 'The ragged rocks'
1:59: 'knight-like; the ringing lists' should be 'knight-like; to ringing lists'
2:03: 'tossing a thousand plums' should be 'tossing a thousand plumes'
7:18: 'His head plums like a bird' should be 'His head plumes like a bird'

200:

Too loud. You should be aiming for 89 dB, and this is 93.5 dB
brightwriter419 wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 8:28 pm
JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
65:

As Larry said, this is about 4 dB louder than what's expected (that would explain why amplifying wasn't working...).
Okay, I was able to "de-amplify" this a bit: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_065_cawein_128kb.mp3
JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
140:

1:31: Repetiton of 'By her and my heart'
I'm pretty sure that, in the text, the fifth stanza ends with the line "By her and my heart.", and then the sixth starts with "By her and my heart in the West."; so the repetition is part of the poem.
JorWat wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Also, not a correction, but I was going to complain that you'd misread 'demesne' as 'domain' until I looked it up and found that's how 'demesne' is pronounced... Glad I wasn't reading, as I would have said 'di-MEZ-nee'.
Yeah, I usually look up the pronunciation of words I'm not familiar with before I record. :wink:

Here are a few additional poems as well.

#26: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_026_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 2:56)
#174: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_174_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 1:21)
#191: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_191_cawein_128kb.mp3 (duration 1:22)

Matt
All five are PL OK. Including your 'repeated' line. Stupid poets...
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

irondog70
Posts: 145
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:17 pm
Location: Reno, Nevada

Post by irondog70 » June 8th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Aureoles are properly cooked now:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_030_cawein_128kb.mp3
Duration:7:53 (same as before)
Sorry for the extra time :)
Cornel Nemes

silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 8th, 2019, 7:16 pm

irondog70 wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Aureoles are properly cooked now:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_030_cawein_128kb.mp3
Duration:7:53 (same as before)
Sorry for the extra time :)
I've marked this Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry

Horner94
Posts: 924
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » June 9th, 2019, 11:34 am

Hello,

I have reduced the volume of Section 200.
Please review audio recording by clicking the following link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_200_cawein_128kb.mp3 Time: 03:03
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind regards,
Chad


silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 9th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Thank you, Elsie!
I've put these all in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry

Mira9
Posts: 10
Joined: March 24th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Post by Mira9 » June 9th, 2019, 10:02 pm


silverquill
Posts: 15238
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 9th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Mira9 wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 10:02 pm
Hi! Here are my recordings (Mira Eagle) for: :)
Winter Dreams (149): https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_149_cawein_128KB.mp3 (1:26)
Spring Twilight (65): https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_65_cawein_128KB.mp3 (1:20)
The Grasshopper (27): https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_27_cawein_128KB.mp3 (1:51)
Heat (16): https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_16_cawein_128KB.mp3 (3:12)
Ooops! We have a problem . . . . the section numbers are all wrong

Here are the correct section numbers.
You need to upload these again with the right section numbers, using three digits as shown, and use only lower case letters.

As an example: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein3_008_cawein_128KB.mp3 for Heat

056 Winter Dreams
025 Spring Twilight
013 The Grasshopper
008 Heat

Post your new links here once you have them uploaded.
Last edited by silverquill on June 10th, 2019, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25610
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 10th, 2019, 1:18 am

silverquill wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Ooops! We have a problem . . . . the section numbers are all wrong
thanks for noticing Larry. Still: the filename needs to have only small letters, so "128kb" instead of "128KB" ;) maybe you could still edit your post so as not to confuse Mira.

Mira: you always need to use the section numbers that are in the Magic Window for your sections. The problem now is that your 4 poems have replaced the real sections with those numbers in the MW. :? That's why we need to be so careful about the filenaming.

The error has been noticed, so I can repair the damage and re-insert the correct files, but it will be a bit of fiddling. Always best to make it right from the start ;)

Update: we were lucky: since you forgot to insert the leading 0, no file has been replaced this time and section 149 had not yet been uploaded by Stefan. So no mess-up this time.

Sonia

Post Reply