Hello from Canada

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
shewhospeaks

Post by shewhospeaks »

Hi there everyone...Aretha from Halifax, Nova Scotia here! :D

I discovered this site by accident but am thrilled to have done so. I am just getting into the audiobook narration / voice over waters and have been looking for a way to get my feet wet with some audiobook narration. I have long since been a lover of the spoken word and reading; English / Language Arts was always a subject I excelled at in school. I was the classroom geek that looked forward to reading aloud when the teacher would go around the classroom and get each student to read a portion of a chapter from a textbook. Additionally, I have always enjoyed reading to children. I think of my love for the spoken word as a natural extension of my love of writing.

I look forward to lending my services to this wonderful cause and getting to know you all in the process.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, from the Toronto area! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
shewhospeaks

Post by shewhospeaks »

Thank you for the warm welcome! :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox Aretha! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and just downright niceness. Proceed with caution. Toy not included.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Welcome! You'll like it here!
shewhospeaks

Post by shewhospeaks »

philchenevert wrote: June 6th, 2019, 7:04 am Welcome to LibriVox Aretha! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and just downright niceness. Proceed with caution. Toy not included.
Thank you for this...I'm off to watch it now. :thumbs:
craftyfatkid

Post by craftyfatkid »

Hi from Sherwood Park,

I'm currently re-enjoying the dramatic readings of the Green Gables series :) I love being able to listen to my old favourites, especially as I use transit to & from work and this allows me to enjoy a good book while on the bus or driving.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

craftyfatkid wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:32 am Hi from Sherwood Park,

I'm currently re-enjoying the dramatic readings of the Green Gables series :) I love being able to listen to my old favourites, especially as I use transit to & from work and this allows me to enjoy a good book while on the bus or driving.
Welcome!
craftyfatkid

Post by craftyfatkid »

Welcome!
[/quote]

Thank you :D