[COMPLETE] Quit your worrying! by George Wharton James

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Chapter 12 is PL OK.

@ 15:49 I did enjoy how you read this paragraph:
They heard: 'For over a month and the sleeves were too see you again at Mrs. Elliott's I'm pouring there from four I've got to dismiss one with plum-colored bows all along five dollars a week and the washing out and still impossible! I was there myself all the time and they neither of thirty-five cents a pound for the most ordinary ferns and red carnations was all they had, and we thought it rather skimpy under the brought up in one big braid and caught down with at Peterson's they were pink and white with—' … 'Oh, no, Madeleine! that was at the Burlingame's.' Mrs. Sandworth took a running jump into the din and sank from her brother's sight, vociferating: 'The Petersons had them of old gold, don't you remember, with little—'
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Chapter 13 PL OK.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Chapters 14, 15, 16, all PL OK.
Bev

GillH

Post by GillH »

Darvinia wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:52 pm Chapter 12 is PL OK.

@ 15:49 I did enjoy how you read this paragraph:
They heard: 'For over a month and the sleeves were too see you again at Mrs. Elliott's I'm pouring there from four I've got to dismiss one with plum-colored bows all along five dollars a week and the washing out and still impossible! I was there myself all the time and they neither of thirty-five cents a pound for the most ordinary ferns and red carnations was all they had, and we thought it rather skimpy under the brought up in one big braid and caught down with at Peterson's they were pink and white with—' … 'Oh, no, Madeleine! that was at the Burlingame's.' Mrs. Sandworth took a running jump into the din and sank from her brother's sight, vociferating: 'The Petersons had them of old gold, don't you remember, with little—'
Yes, that was a bit of a challenge, but fun!
GillH

Post by GillH »

I'm having a problem with the end of Chapter 18: the text as it stands doesn't make sense. Any suggestions for the capitalised words (my capitals)?

"who...are far more anxious to preserve the BARAND unimportant conventions when engaged in CONIVE realization of the biblical idea of the
"brotherhood of man."

Options for BARAND - 1. preserve the bar, and unimportant …..
2. preserve unimportant conventions ….

Options for CONIVE - no idea! Just skipping it wouldn't make sense either.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Chapter 18 errors:
I checked archive.org for scans. I found a scan that gutenberg must have used because the scan read pretty much as they transcribed it. But then I found this one:

https://archive.org/details/quityourworryin00jamegoog/page/n241

"who...are far more anxious to preserve the barriers that Society and caste have placed between mankind than in seeking an active realization of the biblical idea of the "brotherhood of man."

This line:
"unimportant conventions when engaged in CONIVE" was a repeat of the last line of the previous paragraph printed in error and doesn't belong there at all!

So I would just read the correct paragraph from the other scan. We don't need to tell anybody we used two versions. :wink:
Bev

GillH

Post by GillH »

Darvinia wrote: June 9th, 2019, 10:52 am Chapter 18 errors:
I checked archive.org for scans. I found a scan that gutenberg must have used because the scan read pretty much as they transcribed it. But then I found this one:

https://archive.org/details/quityourworryin00jamegoog/page/n241

"who...are far more anxious to preserve the barriers that Society and caste have placed between mankind than in seeking an active realization of the biblical idea of the "brotherhood of man."

This line:
"unimportant conventions when engaged in CONIVE" was a repeat of the last line of the previous paragraph printed in error and doesn't belong there at all!

So I would just read the correct paragraph from the other scan. We don't need to tell anybody we used two versions. :wink:
Excellent! Thanks a lot. I'd looked up three other versions but they were all the same. There is a similar duplication in an earlier chapter, which I caught: don't know whether it was an error in the original, or came about through the Gutenberg process.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Chapters 17, 18, 19, and 20 all PL OK.
Bev