'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Pamela Nagami,

I can not count the endless nights, that I was carried into sleep by listening to your excellent audiobooks.

Well, falling asleep could take a considerable amount of time for me.

I am an European, who is quite interested in history for some years now. The books, that you are reading, provide a fantastic overview for some aspects of history, which I was always curious about. I have listed the referred book titles below.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Paul

The Dawn of Medieval Europe: 476-918
John Howard Bertram MASTERMAN (1867 - 1933)

The Central Period of the Middle Age 918-1273
Beatrice A. LEES (1858 - 1940)

England and the Hundred Years' War
Charles William Chadwick OMAN (1860 - 1946)

The End of the Middle Age: 1273-1453
Eleanor Constance LODGE (1869 - 1936)

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am listening to the Best American Humorous Short Stories and your reading of the "Angel of the Odd" (by Poe) is hilarious!!! While I've listened to this collection before, for some reason I skipped over this particular story until yesterday. Excellent inflection, accent, etc.; you have such a gift!

You're my favorite reader; many thanks!

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wtomcho (William Tomcho) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regading his recording of Random Reminiscences of Men and Events:
Dear Mr. Tomcho,

Thanks so much for the reading of John D. Rockefeller's book. The reading is the best I have listened to
on Librivox and you sound like a true professional.

Thank You,

All of William's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to "Up from slavery - Booker T. Washington" as read by Mark Nelson.

This book was read with such amazing calmness and professionalism that I could not wait to carry on listening.
It was as if Mr Washington himself was narrating his own story.

I want to thank Mark Nelson for taking his valuable time to read for us.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Mr Nelson, thank you.

Excellent work.
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jeanette (Jeanette Ferguson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Listening to Jeanette Ferguson read the book "Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass" by Frederick Douglass was a beautiful pleasure. Words cannot begin to explain the love I have for her genuine voice. It was as if a friend was talking to me, a real human being. Jeanette reminds one of how reading can be a pleasure. There is life in Jeanette's voice and aura in reading. She invites one to open his heart and ears and take in that which she has to share.

Thank you so so so much Jeanette, may God bless you for your sacrifice. I don't know you but I am very proud of you, I truly am.

Thank you,
Katlego

All of Jeanette's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for amelita (Amy Conger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Amy Conger for reading to us "The Game of Life and How to Play It - Florence Scovel Shinn".
I listened to her read this book a year or two again, and I can still hear her voice as I get to remember the lessons that book was intended to pass on to us by the author. Her voice was the perfect voice for such a book. Her pace and manner in which she read it could never be outdone.

I am still looking to buy the physical book to read it myself (with Amy Conger's voice in my head in all likelihood). However, I am going to listen to her once again, for the umteenth time :-).

Thank you very much Amy for your joyous and wonderful work. It was and still is truly a pleasure listening to you.

Warmest regards,
Katlego

All of May's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

First - thank you librivox for the amazing recordings!

Second, I would like to thank Kara Shallenberg.

I have an long commute to and from my work place, and thought I was going nuts out of choosing music.

I decided to try an audiobook, and started with "Alice Advantures in Wonderland". It was amazingly funny and enjoying, and so I continued to another classic - "The Secret Garden".

Kara's reading is clear and accurate, and the accents are brilliant. I am literally driving with a smile while listening :-)

So thank you Kara - for significantly improving my day!

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have for a couple years been listening to libravox
So many audio books
But when i downloaded Pilgrims Progress and heard MaryAnn’s voice and the clear succinct pronunciation of every word, near perfect speaking.
Then the 3 times i listen to friendships... seems she puts herself into the book as Mr Black would want it to be read.
I want to express my appreciation to YOÜ!:-) MaryAnn
These that i have read so far, are way more meaningful to me, as your reading of them i sense YOU/ your heart in them.
Thank you
Sincerly
Tony
and...
I have very much enjoyed listening to Anna Karenina and War and Peace read by MaryAnn. She is an excellent reader! Just the right amount of voice inflection without going over the top. It is beyond me how she can be so consistent. I have already been seeking out other books she reads just because she is enjoyable to listen to.

Thank you for your efforts, MaryAnn!

CARL

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sr. Villaraza: no tengo palabras suficientes para expresarle mis sinceros agradecimientos por la hermosa, conmovedora y profesional lectura de “La dama de las Camelias”.

Su voz, cadencia, ritmo y tono de voz me ha conmovido - en algunos pasajes - hasta las lágrimas. Nunca pensé que a mis 63 años las novelas románticas me conmoverían hasta ese extremo. He vivido las dramáticas horas de Armando y la penosa tragedia de este amor sin destino….con el cual me identifico de muchas maneras,…de ahí mis lágrimas de viejo

Mis más sinceras gracias Sr. Villaraza.

Carlos

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for harvpa (Paul Harvey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

I want to thank Paul Harvey because he helped me to get the highest grade In the Swedish school system!!!

I’ve a disability what is called Cerebral Palsy that mean I have a little bit problem to read as a normal person and I’ve no speech.

https://librivox.org/the-marvelous-land-of-oz-by-l-frank-baum/

Best Regards

Sebastian

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Angel5 (Angel5) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just listened to ‘That Unfortunate Marriage’. Thank you, you made the characters come alive and it was a joy to listen to. Thanks again.

All of Angel5's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have been thoroughly enjoying your recording of “The Hound of the Baskervilles”, https://librivox.org/the-hound-of-the-baskervilles-version-4-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/.

Your command of multiple voices for the various characters is most impressive. The narration fits this story perfectly.

Thank you for all of the time you spent on this work. It is much appreciated.

Regards

and..
I have just finished listening to your readings of the Sherlock Holmes novels and wanted thank you. Your readings are superb in their voices and dramatic impact. Congratulations on an excellent job, and thanks again.
and...
Good Morning,

I wanted to sincerely thank David Clarke. I am just finishing his interpretation of The Count of Monte Cristo. What an impressive work.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to send my thanks to Mr Kevin Green.

I first heard Mr Green via his recording of Stories of Ancient Greece and Rome on Youtube and so much enjoyed it that I tracked him back to Librivox to hear the rest of his recordings.

I record Audiobooks myself, though not on Librivox, and I appreciate his delivery style very much. The quality too stands out among many, and shows a real care for the crafting of pleasant recordings.

Thank you sir for all your efforts, I for one enjoy them immensely.

Steve

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mark,

Just want to thank you for a number of your readings I have enjoyed so far.

I really liked "The Magnificent Ambersons" which really suited to your calm & pleasant voice. I wish you would complete his Growth Trilogy at some stage.

I am currently listening to your reading of "The House of the Seven Gables." This inspired me to request if you would do Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter."

I noticed you also have a Zane Grey reading which I will look forward in listening to. I believe you will do well with the Western genre too.

Much obliged for your time and your wonderful readings.

All the best,
Alf.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Martin Geeson
Thank you for your excelent reading of Greek view of life. I have been
enjoying your Librivox narations for many years . You give a gift of
literacy to the world and your chosen selections [Plato etc} indicate to
me that you are a rare individual. I love your style. Jeff Ellensburg
Washington USA

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!