COMPLETE France and England in N America, Part V: Count Frontenac, New France, Louis XIV, by F Parkman Jr -choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

France and England in North America, Part V: Count Frontenac, New France, Louis XIV by Francis Parkman, Jr. (1823 - 1893).

This project is complete! All audio files are available on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/count-frontenac-and-new-france-under-louis-xiv-by-francis-parkman-jr/

Part five of Francis Parkman's multi-volume series "France and England in North America" is but one of the masterful narratives that have earned him the reputation as one of the most notable American historians.
Preface excerpt: The events recounted in this book group themselves in the main about a single figure, that of Count Frontenac, the most remarkable man who ever represented the crown of France in the New World. From strangely unpromising beginnings, he grew with every emergency, and rose equal to every crisis. His whole career was one of conflict, sometimes petty and personal, sometimes of momentous consequence, involving the question of national ascendancy on this continent.
NOTE: This audio recording does not include footnotes which mostly refer to the original French sources . They can be found at http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6875.
( Celine Major)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6875
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of France and England in North America, Part V: Count Frontenac and New France under Louis XIV. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Count Frontenac and New France under Louis XIV, by Francis Parkman, Jr.. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Count Frontenac and New France under Louis XIV by Francis Parkman, Jr. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of France and England in North America, Part V: Count Frontenac and New France under Louis XIV, by Francis Parkman, Jr.. "

There should be ~5 seconds' silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename frontenac_##_parkman_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. frontenac_01_parkman_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: chocoholic
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

My sidekick Helen (HZFerr) is my super DPL!!! :clap: :clap: Yayy!
Celine
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

You are too kind, but truthful. Image
DPL reporting in.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I'll be happy to MC! Back shortly with your MW.
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You're all set! I've added this book to the catalog group for the series: https://librivox.org/group/560
Laurie Anne
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thanks so much for taking me on Laurie Anne. :D

You are a step ahead of me. I was going to mention that I picked this out of the Multi-Volume to be completed forum. :D

Have a wonderful evening!
Celine
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Aha, I didn't realize it was listed there -- thanks! I've noted in that post that this volume is in progress.

I forgot to mention that I shortened the auto-generated file name and intros/endings in the first post template. Feel free to modify these if you want (just keep the same structure for the file names).

Have fun recording!
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Moved to Solos.
Laurie Anne
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

And here I am reporting for duty. :D

Have a great time at the play tomorrow Helen!!!

Cheers!!!
Celine
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I just saw that you've filled out the MW. In case you didn't already know, double quotation marks (") in file titles don't work at Archive, so if that's what yours are, would you please change them sometime before cataloging? You can use single quotes (') or 2 single quotes together (''), or in this case you could just leave them off. If those are already paired single quotation marks, then never mind, carry on :)
Laurie Anne
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Oh thanks so much for telling me. I'll change them next time I upload.

Have a great evening! :)
Celine
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 0
PL OK

Sorry it's taking so long, LV website could not be found on my system. :(
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

PLEASE!!! You should never apologize for heaven's sake!! And I had a very tough time getting into Librivox myself today so I know what you are talking about!!!

Take your time. I may not work that hard the next couple of days...we are finally going to have great weather yayyyyy! Hope you do too.

And I've fixed the quotations Laurie Anne!!! :D

Celine
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thank you!
Laurie Anne
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 1 & 2
PL OK

:roll: I thought it was my systems fault that I couldn't get