ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

both roles perfectly PL ok. Great job on Dorias especially, love the character you gave her. :thumbs: Also here, both are a bit below our required volume, but I'll make a note for Todd, no worries :)

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, here is my go at Pythias....if you find that I have a strange voice, it's true... :roll:

I have had this huge bad luck to have caught a cold right when I have one week holidays where I planned to record. :evil: (yes, how unfair is that ?) Yesterday morning my voice was completely gone (I mean: entirely ! :shock: ) In the afternoon I was croaking a bit already. Today I wanted to try my luck, though my vocal chords were screaming (but that won't deter me). This final scene where I have to laugh for about two minutes...it might sound light-hearted to you but I was crying inside. I can understand the adage "it hurts when I laugh" now better. Talk about suffering for your art. :mrgreen:

Enough of the whining...I hope it passes muster, because I probably will have another voice again tomorrow :lol: This one is at least one octave below my usual range. I figured, a husky voice isn't bad for this highly outraged Pythias. She's a tough chick. 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_pythias_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:50 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_pythias_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:10 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_pythias_5_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 9:09 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia,

I have both good news and bad news for you. The good news is that your sections are all PL OK. You have really captured Pythias's character and you end up driving the key situations of the play. Wonderful.

The bad news is that your voice sounds normal to me. So maybe your cold is affecting your hearing, not your voice. Or worse (to me) my hearing is continuing to decline....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 28th, 2019, 9:02 amThe bad news is that your voice sounds normal to me. So maybe your cold is affecting your hearing, not your voice.
:lol: ok in a way that's a relief. Yes, maybe I only imagine it has to sound strange because of the difficulties I was having to get sounds out of my throat. :hmm: Maybe in the end the difference is not that big. Well, that's good to know, because it means I can continue to record and ignore my pain. Anyway, I'm hoping that I will be fine again by tomorrow.

Thanks Todd for the quick feedback. :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Gave quick feedback in case you needed to fix anything with the same voice....

Pain is not good. It is your body telling you "don't do this!" Rest and get better first!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 28th, 2019, 9:32 am Pain is not good. It is your body telling you "don't do this!" Rest and get better first!
I know...you're right of course...but the holidays are NOW. Well, I call it a day for today and will tackle the next section tomorrow. Usually these bugs pass quite fast through me, so I guess tomorrow I'm my old self again.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Here is Phaedria. Upload hint - the uploader does not like the "ae" combined in one letter. I had to switch to a and e.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_phaedria_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_phaedria_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_phaedria_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/eunuchus_phaedria_5_128kb.mp3

It was a fun part - I made him a whiny little lover. I don't think there is really a hero of the play - everyone is pretty detestable.

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 29th, 2019, 12:55 pmHere is Phaedria. Upload hint - the uploader does not like the "ae" combined in one letter. I had to switch to a and e.
yes I could have told you that ;) we have the same problems with German umlauts (äöü) and French accents (éàè)
It was a fun part - I made him a whiny little lover. I don't think there is really a hero of the play - everyone is pretty detestable.
this was simply b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t :clap: a wonderfully audacious way of portraying him. I wouldn't have thought on first glance that he was such a fop and whimsical whino, but now that I read all his lines, it totally fits. It was an excellent idea to do him like this Aaron, this will make him very memorable throughout the play. Oh and I think my dialogue with you will be great in that one scene :mrgreen:

All acts PL ok, without a doubt.

Thanks !

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Yeah - I'm excited to hear that scene too! Thanks for the praise! :D
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: hilarious, what a bombastful boaster. Some kind of Bobadill or Falstaff from Shakespeare. And he doesn't even notice that Gnatho makes fun of him. I am sure this scene together with Todd will be marvellously comical. You're quite the double act there. ;)

Act 3 PL ok so far. Excellently done, thanks, Alan.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2019, 11:59 am
Act 3 PL ok so far.
Sonia
PLed in less than an hour of being uploaded. Lighting response as usual. Thank you.
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

"Besides, I never was any where but what all were extremely fond of me." :lol: what a cute self-assessment right at the end. Somehow this character was very endearing (even though a bit of a braggart). Excellently played, Alan, thank you so much. PL ok

Is there a reason why you left out Act 4 ? :hmm:

Sonia