[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Chapter 12 is ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_12_macdonald_128kb.mp3 -4:25

This was my first time editing a chapter, so I took the shortest one, hope it sounds good! :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

It seems that Curdie 22 has been uploaded as quite a different chapter. The link is fine (22) and it matches with everything else, but the text is very different from what it's supposed to be. I know it's a different chapter, but I can't find what it's supposed to be.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

WOW! Lovely job on Chapter 12, Elijah (I almost typed Curdie! :lol: ) Beautiful editing work, especially for your first time doing it! It sounds great!! Need I say it's PL OK?

Also, Curdie chapters 18 and 28 are both PL OK as well. Splendid job, your characterizations and diction are fantastic. I can't wait to hear more from you! You're a great reader! :clap:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Am I right in saying that you are PLer of the edited chapters, Elijah? That was my understanding. I only PLed 12 because you edited it...
Just checking in. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 2:46 pm It seems that Curdie 22 has been uploaded as quite a different chapter. The link is fine (22) and it matches with everything else, but the text is very different from what it's supposed to be. I know it's a different chapter, but I can't find what it's supposed to be.
I'll find what chapter it is this time, but for future reference, if you go to gutenberg and hit ctrl + f, you can search for the first couple lines, and see what chapter they are in. I'll try to figure it out.
JayKitty76 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 2:57 pm WOW! Lovely job on Chapter 12, Elijah (I almost typed Curdie! :lol: ) Beautiful editing work, especially for your first time doing it! It sounds great!! Need I say it's PL OK?

Also, Curdie chapters 18 and 28 are both PL OK as well. Splendid job, your characterizations and diction are fantastic. I can't wait to hear more from you! You're a great reader! :clap:
Oh awesome, thank you so much!
JayKitty76 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 2:59 pm Am I right in saying that you are PLer of the edited chapters, Elijah? That was my understanding. I only PLed 12 because you edited it...
Just checking in. :thumbs:
Technically you are supposed to, but we did have you edit some chapters as well, so I was going to PL those. Otherwise (for everyone else who may be confused), I PM'ed Rachel asking if I should PL some things since things just piled up and her life got busy at the same time, and she said yes... so I'll just PL the final chapters that I haven't edited for now.

Thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:04 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 2:46 pm It seems that Curdie 22 has been uploaded as quite a different chapter. The link is fine (22) and it matches with everything else, but the text is very different from what it's supposed to be. I know it's a different chapter, but I can't find what it's supposed to be.
I'll find what chapter it is this time, but for future reference, if you go to gutenberg and hit ctrl + f, you can search for the first couple lines, and see what chapter they are in. I'll try to figure it out.
Oh really? I just looked at it...seems like it's part of chapter 21. Weird. But it also makes some sense. Thank you though!

OK, I didn't know I was PLer of the edited chapters. That's pretty helpful to know... :shock: It's fine though, I'll do them. (That's the fun bit of PLing!)

EDIT: Just realized I can do the CTRL+F thing anywhere! That's really handy!

And oh, by the way, sorry I haven't been on all day. The LibriVox server was down and I couldn't get to my stuff.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Curdie 31 is PL OK!
Very nice reading. Don't you love Curdie's devotion to his mother's needs? It's super sweet. :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Goblin King 8 is also PL OK :wink:

That's all for today-- I didn't have much time today because the server was down for several hours.

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Chapter 3 is ready for PL. Rachel, just concentrate on PLing the lies for now. We need to get things ready for the final chapters. Don't worry about I and bhavya's final chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3 -12:57

Thank you :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 9:22 am Chapter 3 is ready for PL. Rachel, just concentrate on PLing the lies for now. We need to get things ready for the final chapters. Don't worry about I and bhavya's final chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3 -12:57

Thank you :D <smile>
Got it, thanks. Will do :wink: I'll PL the edited chapters once this gets closer to cataloguing, now :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Curdie 6 is very nearly PL OK! Oh, I wanted to make it PL OK so badly! Well, it's ok-- it'll be fixed very quickly.
At 4:18, I hear "it is" when there should be nothing. Could you just cut that out? Then it'll be PL OK and chapter 6 will be ready to edit. :wink:
Fantastic interpretations and way of expressing yourself, Elijah, I love it!!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JayKitty76 wrote: June 6th, 2019, 5:05 pm Goblin King 8 is also PL OK :wink:

That's all for today-- I didn't have much time today because the server was down for several hours.

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
JayKitty76 wrote: May 31st, 2019, 3:23 pm King Goblin 8 is also PL OK! Good job, Silverquill! You're a great goblin king! :thumbs:
Looks like I PLed this twice, on two different days-- then forgot to change the status in the MW. Bizarre. Well, I'll do that straight off...so there won't be any more mistake about it.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

King Goblin 9 and 18 are PL OK!
Great job! You make a wonderful king, Silverquill.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~