COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hi Sonia!

Thank you for the corrections! I'll correct them and upload soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:02 pm Only tiny thing to mention is that when I listened through headphones I heard a slight whistle. Not distracting by any means, but I'll point it out in case you want to play with it.
Thanks, Campbell. Was the whistle all throughout or only at certain parts? Either way, I think I won't address it now, but I may work on it during editing.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And now, here's Jean for The Line of No Resistance.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lineofnoresistance_jean_wilde.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you all, I think the MW is accurately updated now. Will get to PLing my sections soon.

As a reminder for other BCs/PLers: there are some files waiting for feedback in the MW for some time already. Please consider !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: May 30th, 2019, 6:58 pm Mrs. Twisselton for Everybody's Husband.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_mrstwiss_ryan.mp3
Hi Devorah,

Just wanted to let you know that I am working on Miss Thompson right now, and she should be along shortly...

Thanks for your patience,
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have to be out of touch for a few days. I'll finish this up when I return.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Campbell....indeed this was overlooked, thanks for reminding me :oops: perfectly patched and now PL ok :)

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

mightyfelix wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:57 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:02 pm Only tiny thing to mention is that when I listened through headphones I heard a slight whistle. Not distracting by any means, but I'll point it out in case you want to play with it.
Thanks, Campbell. Was the whistle all throughout or only at certain parts? Either way, I think I won't address it now, but I may work on it during editing.
It was throughout. Again, no biggie if you don't get to it, just bringing it up :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dlolso21 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 8:46 pmSonia,
Here is the stage directions with Mrs. Templeton for "First Come, First Served"
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays012_09_various_128kb.mp3 20:42
David O
ok I just had a listen to it all, David, and I must confess you made my job quite difficult. :? You omitted nearly all the voice qualifications, and many "asides" and I didn't really see why you would take some and not others. Usually we record them all and later on choose which ones are accurately conveyed by the readers' voices. Sometimes we do need them, even though I agree, often they can be cut. But it makes the PLer's job a lot easier if we only have to follow along with the script and see everything.

Well I started noting down dutifully all the missing parts, but after almost half an hour of notes and only finishing 5 minutes of your file, I gave up. It would be way too much work for me to note everything down now. I guess if we need them, and since you are the editor, we can always include them in the end, when you have all the readers' files in. I hope that's ok with you. Maybe that was your plan all along, so no point in me writing them all down now.

so here are only the few notes where there was really an error in reading:

> at 1:15: "enter Mrs Templeton at center" - that's "Mistress" or "Missus", not "Miss" (she got married in the end, even if only after her sister ;) )

> at 4:22: "Barton, meeting her" - you say "Bart" but maybe best to say the correct name insted of the abbreviation

> at 6:55: "seeing MRS. TEMPLETON who enters at L..H." - again here: Missus, not miss

> at 7:35: "Barton significantly to Royston" - if we do use this, we need to include the name as well, since it should be put before he starts speaking

> at 12:32: "Enter Mrs Templeton hurriedly at R.H." - again Mrs

thanks

Sonia
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Sonia,

Thank you.

David O
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty wrote: May 30th, 2019, 8:08 am
bhavya wrote: May 29th, 2019, 9:04 pm Here's The Grandmother for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays012_03_various_128kb.mp3
I have a few suggestions for corrections, Bhavya. All throughout, especially in the beginning, I felt that you made the pauses too long between each speech. No in the end it was much better in the dialogue with the disagreeable young man and grandma, but the beginning has some lengths. I finally noted down some pauses which really are breaking the flow too long, as suggestion for improvement. Another problem was the merging of voices. You have to be careful with merged voices, they have a tendency to be too loud in the end

Here are my notes (best start from the end, then the time-stamps will remain the same ;) )

thank you

Sonia
Hi Sonia,
Here is the corrected verison; I also tried decreasing the length of pauses in the beginning.

35:12
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: May 31st, 2019, 10:31 pmHere is the corrected verison; I also tried decreasing the length of pauses in the beginning.
:? oh ok, you wouldn't have the exact time-stamps where you made those changes ? I know you meant well, but if you change anything that was not mentioned in my PL notes, then I have to listen to it all again if you don't give me the Spot to PL. With a text of half an hour, that's a lot of work already. Could you at least tell me in what part you stopped deleting breaks and only corrected my PL notes ? Or was it all throughout where you fiddled with them ?

Will listen to this in the afternoon. Thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

I ony deleted breaks after the "role - read by", and only for the next two minutes.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: June 1st, 2019, 2:19 am I ony deleted breaks after the "role - read by", and only for the next two minutes.
ok thanks, that's helpful :) Will check

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: May 31st, 2019, 10:31 pm Here is the corrected verison; I also tried decreasing the length of pauses in the beginning.
so I had a listen to the entire beginning again, and indeed, it sounds much more fluent and vivacious now when all the children are talking together :thumbs: good choice to shorten them all a bit. Also all the other corrections ar perfectly done and the volume is much easier on the ears. All's well now and PL ok. Thank you so much, it was a very interesting play.

And another one is in the box :9:

Sonia