COMPLETE [Christianity] Fruits of the Spirit by H. W. Mabie- kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Elizabby wrote: May 27th, 2019, 2:09 pm Stellar effort Chad! These are all in the MW.
Thank you. Can you please add the following audio recording for Section 52 to the MW to be DPL? (link below):
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_53_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 04:22
Many thanks,
Chad
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

This is actually section 53, I think?

Don't worry if you accidentally use the wrong section number - the uploader still saves the original file so nothing is accidentally overwritten! The MC can dig it out again if you let us know what happened.

In this case it's fine, as Section 52 and 53 are both yours anyway - I was very embarrassed early on in my LV career when I thought I'd overwritten someone else's short story with my typo! Luckily it was all able to be sorted out and nothing was lost!
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Elizabby wrote: May 27th, 2019, 4:34 pm This is actually section 53, I think?

Don't worry if you accidentally use the wrong section number - the uploader still saves the original file so nothing is accidentally overwritten! The MC can dig it out again if you let us know what happened.

In this case it's fine, as Section 52 and 53 are both yours anyway - I was very embarrassed early on in my LV career when I thought I'd overwritten someone else's short story with my typo! Luckily it was all able to be sorted out and nothing was lost!
Thanks for the correction! Yes, I meant Section 53.
Kind regards,
Chad
Last edited by Horner94 on May 28th, 2019, 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,
Please review audio recording for Chapter 42, The Credibility of Love, by accessing the link below:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_42_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 08:51
Many thanks,
Chad
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 2, 28, 46, 47, and 53 are PL OK. Thank you.

The reading of section 25 is fine, but at 3:49 something technical goes wrong. There's an audible change in the background sound and your voice becomes distorted with sharp changes in volume from soft to loud, sometimes one word or syllable being soft followed by a loud one, and the loud ones are often ear grating and there are some harsh sibilants as well. It makes a very unpleasant last 58 seconds of listening and, for me, it's difficult to follow the sense of what is being said. If it were just ten or so seconds, I wouldn't say anything, but 58 is a pretty long stretch to cringe through as I did. I recommend re-recording that portion to sound like your other recordings and cut.ting and pasting it in. It may still sound a little different than the first three minutes and 48 seconds, but that's usual with pasted in corrections. I think getting rid of the harshness and jumpiness of that portion of the current recording would be a great favor to listeners.

Thank you for your great work, Chad. It's a purely technical glitch that has affected this portion.
Pattymarie
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

pattymarie wrote: May 28th, 2019, 11:29 am Sections 2, 28, 46, 47, and 53 are PL OK. Thank you.

The reading of section 25 is fine, but at 3:49 something technical goes wrong. There's an audible change in the background sound and your voice becomes distorted with sharp changes in volume from soft to loud, sometimes one word or syllable being soft followed by a loud one, and the loud ones are often ear grating and there are some harsh sibilants as well. It makes a very unpleasant last 58 seconds of listening and, for me, it's difficult to follow the sense of what is being said. If it were just ten or so seconds, I wouldn't say anything, but 58 is a pretty long stretch to cringe through as I did. I recommend re-recording that portion to sound like your other recordings and cut.ting and pasting it in. It may still sound a little different than the first three minutes and 48 seconds, but that's usual with pasted in corrections. I think getting rid of the harshness and jumpiness of that portion of the current recording would be a great favor to listeners.

Thank you for your great work, Chad. It's a purely technical glitch that has affected this portion.
Hello,
Thanks for the positive feedback. I have re-recorded that portion of the recording for Section 25, and the updated audio recording can be accessed by clicking on the link below:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_25_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 04:50
Kind regards,
Chad
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Wow! That was fast, Chad. Thank you. Section 42 is PL OK. :)

Edit: Section 25 is PL OK. Worlds better. :D
Pattymarie
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

pattymarie wrote: May 28th, 2019, 11:56 am Wow! That was fast, Chad. Thank you. Section 42 is PL OK. :)

Edit: Section 25 is PL OK. Worlds better. :D
Your welcome!
Please review audio recording for Section 43: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_43_mabie_128kb.mp3
Time: 08:27
Many thanks,
Chad
wordwork2

Post by wordwork2 »

Hello!

Here is my recording of section 50:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_50_mabie_128kb.mp3 (7:52)

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks to both of you! These files are in the MW!
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Elizabby wrote: May 28th, 2019, 4:58 pm Thanks to both of you! These files are in the MW!
Thanks very much.
Here is Chapter 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/fruitsofthespirit_03_mabie_128kb.mp3 Time: 09:11

Kind regards,
Chad
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hey Chad, I think you are done! :thumbs:

Watch out in the Launch Pad for my next Christian Living book- Brengle’s Salvation Army take on Holy Living! It will also appear as a blue coloured link in my signature file.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 42 and 50 are PL OK. Thank you, Chad and Maria.
Pattymarie
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks everyone!

Patty, Sectiin 3 is also ready for PL.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 3 is PL OK. Thank you, Chad, for your devotion to this project. It would be nice if you would keep an eye on us in case something gets orphaned.
Pattymarie