[COMPLETE] Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist/Alexander Berkman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Ann,

In the intro I said as scripted "part 1" - within the text I used "part 2".
Should I change the "part 2" to "section 2".

john
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Last edited by johnb2 on May 27th, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Uploaded section 21 for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/aprisonmemoirsanarchist_21_berkman_128kb.mp3
Track Length 11:2.70 (m:ss.ss)

Thanks,

Mike
COGITO ! , (cough... volunteering) ERGO SUM !, :)
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Uploaded section 21 for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/aprisonmemoirsanarchist_21_berkman_128kb.mp3

Track Length 11:2.70 (m:ss.ss)

Thanks,

Mike
TwoRavens

Post by TwoRavens »

Here is Section 28 ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/prisonmemoirsanarchist_28_berkman_128kb.mp3 10:53

cheers,
Stephen
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Uploaded section 22 for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/aprisonmemoirsanarchist_22_berkman_128kb.mp3

Track Length 19:39.82 (m:ss.ss)

Thanks,

Mike
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

mikebotez wrote: May 27th, 2019, 4:29 pm Uploaded section 22 for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/aprisonmemoirsanarchist_22_berkman_128kb.mp3

Track Length 19:39.82 (m:ss.ss)

Thanks,

Mike
johnb2 wrote: May 27th, 2019, 3:21 pm Hi Chuck

Section 55 @ 12:05

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/prisonmemoirsanarchist_55_berkman_128kb.mp3

john
TwoRavens wrote: May 27th, 2019, 3:03 pm Here is Section 28 ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/prisonmemoirsanarchist_28_berkman_128kb.mp3 10:53

cheers,
Stephen
Holy smokes! So much happened while I was away for the holidays! :9: Thank you all so much.

Updating the MW now.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

TwoRavens

Post by TwoRavens »

I think this question was asked and answered earlier, so my apologies if I seem a little thick, but here goes;

Section 29 ("The Grist of the Prison Mill")is divided into parts using Roman numerals I - IV.
While editing the recording, I realise i just read them as 1, etc.
Should I read them as Section 1, etc., instead?
thanks for your patience.
Cheers,
Stephen
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TwoRavens wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:07 pm I think this question was asked and answered earlier, so my apologies if I seem a little thick, but here goes;

Section 29 ("The Grist of the Prison Mill")is divided into parts using Roman numerals I - IV.
Cheers,
Stephen
Here's how that one should go, Stephen:

"Section 29 of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say:
"Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. Part II, Chapter XXII. The Grist of the Prison Mill."
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

johnb2 wrote: May 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm Hi Chuck

Section 56 @ 17:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/prisonmemoirsanarchist_56_berkman_128kb.mp3

john
You guys are really giving our DPL a lot of work! :shock: Thank you so much!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: May 26th, 2019, 10:44 pm It's a while since there was an explanation about it was given,so here goes . We were asked by people who need to flick through books to find out where the left off to put a very brief clear marker so they can tell , this benefits all those with players with screens or unable to read them . Hence the slightly odd intros . "Section 6 of peter pan " covers all possibilities in our projects , but people seem happier saying chapter when they match so we accept either.

Anne
One more question, Anne: I just finished editing the final section... and it's about 1 hour and 19 minutes. Long enough to break up into multiple parts, obviously, but I'm not sure if I should for consistency's sake. When vinal was recording this as a solo, he uploaded one chapter that was 1 hour and 17 minutes... which sets the precedent for me to also upload my super-long chapter totally intact as well. Any recommendations or preferences for this? I don't mind uploading the longer version of the file, especially if it makes cataloging this thing less of a hassle. Just let me know.
PROJECTS
TwoRavens

Post by TwoRavens »

ChuckW wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 6:31 am
TwoRavens wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:07 pm I think this question was asked and answered earlier, so my apologies if I seem a little thick, but here goes;

Cheers,
Stephen

"Section 29 of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say:
"Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. Part II, Chapter XXII. The Grist of the Prison Mill."
Hi Chuck:
What I'm actually referring to is the Roman numeral I, which appears right after the title and before the first sentence.
There are subsequent Roman numerals dividing this chapter into parts, I - IV. So that's what I'm wondering about - how to read them.
Hope that's a little clearer.
Thanks,
Stephen
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TwoRavens wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 10:19 am
ChuckW wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 6:31 am

Cheers,
Stephen

Say:
Hi Chuck:
What I'm actually referring to is the Roman numeral I, which appears right after the title and before the first sentence.
There are subsequent Roman numerals dividing this chapter into parts, I - IV. So that's what I'm wondering about - how to read them.
Hope that's a little clearer.
Thanks,
Stephen
Ooooooh! Much simpler: just read out the number (one, two, three, etc.).
PROJECTS