COMPLETE[PLAY]The Magnificent Lovers by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Larry, all PL ok now :)

now: Eykie, Chris, TableRound and Rachel, we're only waiting for your final submissions to make this complete !!

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great - with the stage directions done, I can start assembly of this act now too (leaving holes for the missing parts).

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the quick turnaround :D first of all, the lines are all in, and very nicely spoken, almost melodious, which is excellently fitting. :thumbs: So far so good.

> However you forgot to include the voice credit at the beginning, could you please insert the following: "Other Tritons, read by Tableround" (or whatever you want your reader name to be)

Also, I'm sorry but your technical settings are not LV standard. :? As you have been a member for over a year already, I simply figured you had done your one-minute-test months ago already, but maybe you never got around doing it. This would have been helpful to iron out the technical kinks from the start. Well, let's treat this one as your test then. The following need correcting. If you are using Audacity, I can give you a step-by-step, if you need any help. Just ask :)

> your sample rate is 48,000 Hz, but we need it in 44,100 Hz. You can change the settings without having to re-record, so don't worry about that

> your volume is louder than our accepted limits. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, yours is over 93 dB. Could you please decrease the whole thing by -3 dB, then you'll be inside the golden mean or about 89 dB :)

> also please be careful with your filename. Please never include upper case letters. Simply magnificentlovers_othertritons_1_128kb would have been fine

that's it :) so if you need any help with the settings, please don't hesitate to ask. But tell us what editing program you're using, in that case.

Thank you

Sonia
TheTableRound

Post by TheTableRound »

Thank you. I will have this fixed and reposted tomorrow.
TheTableRound

Post by TheTableRound »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TheTableRound wrote: May 29th, 2019, 2:28 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_othertritons_1_128kb.mp3
Sorry about the mistakes I made in haste.
thank you Morgan, now the volume is much better. However, I'm sorry but the sample rate is still 48,000 Hz. :? What exactly did you change ? Maybe it didn't get saved somehow in your settings. Do you use Audacity ? I could help you find the place where the settings get changed. In Audacity it would be:

> Edit
> Preferences
> Quality
> Default Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
> OK

That's to change the setting for good. To change it here in your recording, check out this small box in the lower left corner, named: Project Rate (Hz). Yours is set to 48,000 and you can scroll it up and down to 44,100. If you then re-export, I think all should be fine.

Also, there is a stumble and repeat in your voice credit, maybe you want to cut out the beginning (the first try).

The file is useable as such, so don't worry if you don't have time right away. If needs be, Todd (our editor) can adjust the sample rate (let's hope it won't distort the sound) and also cut out the needed voice credit. But it's really important that the technical bits are all standard LV here, that's why I am so insistent that you can correct this yourself. Once you have saved these settings you need not worry about them anymore for your future recordings, so it's good to have them correct once and for all from the start ;)

Thanks and let me know if you need further help.

Sonia
TheTableRound

Post by TheTableRound »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_othertritons_1_128kb.mp3

Thank you for your help. I overestimated myself and wasn't careful. That shows me. :roll: I triple checked the bitrate this time and fixed the other part.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TheTableRound wrote: May 31st, 2019, 8:30 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_othertritons_1_128kb.mp3
Thank you for your help. I overestimated myself and wasn't careful. That shows me. :roll: I triple checked the bitrate this time and fixed the other part.
:thumbs: third time's the charm, as so often. Great, now the technical settings are ok and if you are using Audacity, that means they are saved now and you don't need to fiddle with that anymore. I'm glad we have that sorted out now ;)

I can mark the section PL ok now. Thanks for persisting. Now I hope you liked the process and we can hear you soon in another project, maybe even another role. :)

Sonia
TheTableRound

Post by TheTableRound »

Thanks again for your help and patience. I look forward to the finished project! :)
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

Kitty wrote: May 20th, 2019, 12:37 am ... :shock: a squeaky Cupid !!! I have to ask, how did you get your voice like that ? Is it enhancement or is this your natural range ? It sounds so different from your other parts.

It will give a great effect in chorus though :thumbs: thanks ...
(giggle) It's strictly a biological effect. I was a little nervous it might have been too goofy... but I thought to myself, "Really, what should my cupid sound like?" Remembering to breathe through my nose consistently was a small challenge.

Excited about the Steele play! Thanks for telling me!
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: June 1st, 2019, 10:50 am(giggle) It's strictly a biological effect. I was a little nervous it might have been too goofy... but I thought to myself, "Really, what should my cupid sound like?" Remembering to breathe through my nose consistently was a small challenge.
I think you shouldn't worry about being goofy with a fat little cupid :lol:
Excited about the Steele play! Thanks for telling me!
oh at this point only Jenny the maid is still open to claim, but hey, grab her while she's hot :mrgreen: that would make us fully claimed: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=75057

Sonia
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Here's my part:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_acupid_1_128kb.mp3

I found it easier to just do it over again, with the second chorus that I missed the first time. Sorry Sonia I've been having issues with my internet provider lately hence the delay. If its not OK I'm perfectly happy to do it again. It is only a trifle.

Thanks,

ET.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd