COMPLETE[PLAY] The Drummer, or, The Haunted House - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks Larry. Act 3 is PL ok now. There's one note that I gave you for 5 that you seem to have missed, and one (for which I greatly apologize) :oops: that I missed on my first PL. I know you won't be able to get to it right away. No rush.

8:17 Mistress (Mrs.) Abigal, happens twice in this line.
13:17 I hear "Then she has open'd the whole Story to her." It should be "Then he has open'd the whole Story to her."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Tinsel is PL ok, thanks Tomas! I especially like the irritating laugh you've given him. The fear in your final scene is very good, too! :D
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Availle wrote: May 17th, 2019, 7:12 am Here comes mistress Abigail, in all her 5-act glory. Finally... :roll:
Other professional actresses take a “Stanislavski Moment” prior to a love scene, but Mistress Abigal just put a brown paper bag over Fantome’s head. :wink:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Ava! Don't feel bad at all, I'm more than content to take it slow on this one. I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied! :wink: I will PL soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Gardener act 5 is PL ok!

I did hear more of a plosive problem on this file than I usually do on your recordings, Alan. Don't worry about it for this one, but you may want to check your setup. Did anything move recently?

I'm really looking forward to hearing the scene with Sir George telling the fortunes of all of the servants. This will be a lot of fun! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

OK, Ava. Coming to you next. I only had time for Act 1 just now. A few notes:

0:10 You say "drunken Scots," instead of "drunken Sots." Of course, you could make a case that Scots do like to drink, but I think most of them would like to say that they'd hold their liquor better than these three. :wink:
0:45 I'm hearing Scot again here. It should be sot.
4:27 This one is optional. I think "lac'd" is an abbreviation for laced, and if so, should be pronounced with an S sound, not a K.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: May 10th, 2019, 11:34 am Thanks Larry. Act 3 is PL ok now. There's one note that I gave you for 5 that you seem to have missed, and one (for which I greatly apologize) :oops: that I missed on my first PL. I know you won't be able to get to it right away. No rush.

8:17 Mistress (Mrs.) Abigal, happens twice in this line.
13:17 I hear "Then she has open'd the whole Story to her." It should be "Then he has open'd the whole Story to her."
Sorry about that. Let's try again:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drummerorhauntedhouse_sirgeorge_5_128kb.mp3

So, should Mrs. Hawthorne also be read as Mistress Hawthorne?
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: May 24th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Thanks! I suspect this would have also been read as Mistress at the time it was written, but I don't care about that one so much, because she's only mentioned once and isn't really important to the play. I will spot PL tomorrow.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: May 24th, 2019, 8:14 pm
silverquill wrote: May 24th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Thanks! I suspect this would have also been read as Mistress at the time it was written, but I don't care about that one so much, because she's only mentioned once and isn't really important to the play. I will spot PL tomorrow.
I have it recorded that way if you'd like me to put it in - whatever you like.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nah, it's all good. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Abigal act 2 is PL ok.

Act 3:

At 6:35, there is a page break that separates your line, and you've missed the last part of it. The full line is: "Marry him! my Love, No, no! we must take care of that! there wou'd be no staying in the House for us if she did. That young Rake-hell wou'd send all the old Servants a Grazing. You and I shou'd be discarded before the Honey Moon was at an End." (Underlined portion missing.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

One nit-picky note for act 4. I'll call it optional. Just have a listen and see what you think.

It may be my ears playing tricks, but at about 0:22, I hear "It is fit, child, he should have an account of his conjurer..." It should be this conjurer.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And Abigal Act 5 is PL ok!