COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ToddHW wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 5:49 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 8th, 2019, 3:29 pm
ToddHW wrote: April 7th, 2019, 1:46 pm Valere, Spriggins, and The Sacristan uploaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd
Ok, now that I know that Spriggins is in Everybody's Husband, I PLed it :lol:. Very nice reading! I can't wait to hear this all together :D.

Just one quick thing:
2:12 – heard an extra ‘his wife’, I couldn't really tell where that came from, it seemed out of nowhere :hmm:. That being said, maybe it's a tricky line I can't find. There was another one earlier on... anyways, maybe just take a look and see what you think :D.

While you're taking a look, if you so felt inclined you may desire to pull the volume down a bit. It is just the slightest bit high now, and changing it may save Devorah a few minutes :D. Of course this is not necessary as you very well know :).
Sorry - this got by me somehow. Fixed now, ready for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Nice work, it is OK now.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
benderca

Post by benderca »

Availle wrote: April 26th, 2019, 8:39 pm
benderca wrote: April 26th, 2019, 10:58 am
Availle wrote: April 13th, 2019, 4:40 pm Here is the heroine:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adollar_heroine_pinski.mp3

Weird what money can do to people...
Yes, it is weird what money can do to people. This portrayal is clearly exaggerated, but that is why I chose it. It has a powerful message.

Wonderful job with the Heroine, Availle! Could you please include the "Musical Hamlet" song? The song should be inserted at about 00:52.

The stage directions say “The COMEDIAN sings the refrain alone at first and the others repeat it together with him.” So could you please sing/chant the following:
Please please please, don't make me sing! :shock: I can't sing and I really don't want to if you have enough other people to help with it.

Please?
Oops, I forgot to comment on this. Awww, Availle, I would never make you sing! You could just read it if you like. If not, that's fine too. I'll just use the other 5 voices, though it will be male-heavy... but no worries, I'm sure it will be fine (maybe I'll add my own :hmm:).

We can mark HEROINE as PL OK! Nice job! Thanks, Availle. :clap:
benderca

Post by benderca »

bhavya wrote: May 7th, 2019, 12:48 am Hi TJ!
I have one pl note for the brunette young lady:
at about 0:42 insert missing line: "But admit that today there is reason enough for every kind of jollity."
Bhavya
Oops, I missed this too. I'll get right to it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 2:44 pmAt Saint Judas' is finished!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays12_02_various_128kb.mp3 [21:56]
awwww this was such - a - treat, Chuck ! As I didn't PL the parts this time, it came all as a wonderful surprise to hear it in its entirety for the first time. :9: Nemo and Tomas make an excellent pair here, there's not wrong note in their characters. Kudos to the whole troupe and the editor. Definitely PL ok and a great addition to this collection.

Will update MW now

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Here is King Claudius - the next best thing to Hamlet. Super fun part to play! Great little find of a 1 Act.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_kingclaudius_gilbert.mp3

Aaron
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

For Why the Chimes Rang:

The following are PL OK (and superbly done parts, by the way :D )

43 Holger
44 Bertel
45 Old Woman
46 Angel

And here is 48 Narrator:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whythechimesrang_narrator_mcfadden.mp3

Since I'm assembling the play, do I need someone to PL my part separately?

Just waiting on one part and I'll send PM.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whythechimesrang_narrator_mcfadden.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm Thanks! Here is Bertel for Why the Chimes Rang. A charming little play.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whythechimesrang_bertel_mcfadden.mp3

Thanks!
Aaron
I've posted above, but wanted to let you know that I am grateful for such a great portrayal of the Uncle! You really help this little play come alive. Thank you. :thumbs:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

silverquill wrote: May 24th, 2019, 6:44 pm
I've posted above, but wanted to let you know that I am grateful for such a great portrayal of the Uncle! You really help this little play come alive. Thank you. :thumbs:
Hey, thanks. It was a nice gentle sort of play to read through. I enjoyed it a lot.

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm Here is King Claudius - the next best thing to Hamlet. Super fun part to play! Great little find of a 1 Act.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_kingclaudius_gilbert.mp3
aha, so you'll be my husband in this play, Aaron. Great that I heard your lines before I recorded mine. Wow you make him high dramatic in all his melancholy serenity. :thumbs: Somehow it's involuntarily funny to be playing him like a tragic king when actually here he is in a comedy act :lol: It's a great effect, I find. I'll try to make my Queen fit this as well.

No lines missing, and awesome acting. Totally PL ok. Thanks !

@Larry: thanks for the PL, I will update the MW

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: May 25th, 2019, 4:48 am
No lines missing, and awesome acting. Totally PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, it was super fun hamming up the tragedy. Don’t want too much ham with a serious tragedy, but in a comedy, the more, the better. :P
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 25th, 2019, 5:45 am Don’t want too much ham with a serious tragedy, but in a comedy, the more, the better. :P
I agree :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them