Thank you, Larry! They are both PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, the closing section. Need to move on to his book, but may come back to this later if there are still open chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/gkchesterton_48_ward_128kb.mp3 15:00
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

silverquill wrote: April 20th, 2019, 9:20 pm And, the closing section. Need to move on to his book, but may come back to this later if there are still open chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/gkchesterton_48_ward_128kb.mp3 15:00
Thanks, Larry!

I imagine this one will take a while to complete, since the author didn't die till 1975 - making it still in copyright for most of the world outside the US. But I knew that would slow it down going in. So, if you have time in the future to read more, that would be great! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

48 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LeighLeigh

Post by LeighLeigh »

May I have Chapter 4, please? :D
Leigh Sarah
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

LeighLeigh wrote: May 17th, 2019, 6:37 pm May I have Chapter 4, please? :D
Hi Leigh,
Welcome to LibriVox! Section 4 is all yours!. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

I see that you have already submitted your test. That is great! :thumbs: Just make sure you get an okay on it before starting this section. :-)

Thanks and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LeighLeigh

Post by LeighLeigh »

m8b1 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:00 am
Hi Leigh,
Welcome to LibriVox! Section 4 is all yours!. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

I see that you have already submitted your test. That is great! :thumbs: Just make sure you get an okay on it before starting this section. :-)

Thanks and have fun!
I'm so excited. Thank you!! :D
Leigh Sarah
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

LeighLeigh wrote: May 18th, 2019, 7:42 pm
m8b1 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:00 am
Hi Leigh,

Thanks and have fun!
I'm so excited. Thank you!! :D
Hi Leigh,

I just realized you said CHAPTER 4, and I assigned you section 4, as chapter 3 is split in two. Did you want the chapter entitled Art Schools and University College? I have changed your assigned section to that, but if it was a different one that you wanted, let me know! Sorry for the confusion!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Hi

I am still awaiting confirmation that my Test is OK - but would be happy to read a couple of chapters of the GKC biography - unless you have
a preference, I guess the next two in sequence.

Just curious, do you know why the copyright in the U.S. has expired - I see it is on Project Gutenberg and have read of their processes to verify.

But wondered if you knew. Perhaps, just one of those that were not renewed.

Cheers

DickBD

(Dick Bourgeois-Doyle)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

DickBD wrote: May 28th, 2019, 2:19 pm Hi

I am still awaiting confirmation that my Test is OK - but would be happy to read a couple of chapters of the GKC biography - unless you have
a preference, I guess the next two in sequence.

Just curious, do you know why the copyright in the U.S. has expired - I see it is on Project Gutenberg and have read of their processes to verify.

But wondered if you knew. Perhaps, just one of those that were not renewed.

Cheers

DickBD

(Dick Bourgeois-Doyle)
Hi Dick,

Thank you! I have put you down for sections 2 and 3, which are the Chapter titled "Childhood" and "School Days, Part 1". However, if you wanted different sections, please feel free to let me know and I can switch them!

What name would you like to use for your catalog page? It can be your real name, forum name or a pseudonym, whatever you prefer. We can also link to a personal website or blog.

As for the copyright status, I would assume that this was a non renewal. I haven't looked into it, but usually anything on PG after 1923 that is Public Domain, would be a Rule 6 non-renewal.

Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Great ... I will start my LibriVox adventure with those chapters ... hoping I get my test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted Forum reviewed soon (You wouldn't happen to be in a position to do that ?)

RE: Questions

Whenever appropriate, I would use my real name - Dick Bourgeois-Doyle - and plug my blog here

https://canushumorous.blogspot.com/

Cheers and thanks

DBD
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

DickBD wrote: May 28th, 2019, 3:37 pm Great ... I will start my LibriVox adventure with those chapters ... hoping I get my test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted Forum reviewed soon (You wouldn't happen to be in a position to do that ?)

RE: Questions

Whenever appropriate, I would use my real name - Dick Bourgeois-Doyle - and plug my blog here

https://canushumorous.blogspot.com/

Cheers and thanks

DBD
Hi Dick,

Thanks ~ here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/13382
It is a good way to keep track of what you have signed up for and what you have completed.

I have listened to your test and given it an okay! You are good to go! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

May I claim section 42?
Kind regards,
Chad
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Maria

Thanks again for reviewing the Test ...Will get started soon -- as noted in the opening of my chapter - today is propitiously Chesterton's birthday