COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 15th, 2019, 10:04 pmPresenting the Viscount Farncombe, in all his bashful, awkward glory. :)
awww, he is a bit too puppy-eyed and devoted for my taste :wink: But it's so cute how you portrayed him, Tomas. A wonderfully awkward and smitten lover. The poor boy will be eaten alive by Lily :lol:

Excellent acting, I love the scene where you smother her with kisses :mrgreen: That was almost a bit over-the-top, he got a bit carried away there.

All 4 acts beautifully PL ok. Thank you so much !

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here's Olga. I didn't join in the ladies' laugh, as they are laughing at, and I believe not with, Olga.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_olga_2_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Here is Evangeline (since she doesn't have any of her own lines I just read what the "four beauties" and "some of the women" said:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_evangelineventris_2_128kb.mp3

0:46
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: May 18th, 2019, 10:50 amHere's Olga. I didn't join in the ladies' laugh, as they are laughing at, and I believe not with, Olga.

:lol: indeed, good point. Yes, all the lines seems to be in. It sounds somehow creepy to hear those people speak the same things 4 times in a row. I have the suspicion that each of them only said it once and since they are 4 people, the author wrote it 4 times in the script. :? But it's always good that Todd has a bit of choice for his mix.

Could you only just please give us the full voice credit description as in the MW ?

> at 0:01: "Olga Cook (One of Four Beauties Of the Pandora), read by Devorah Allen"

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: May 18th, 2019, 11:22 amHere is Evangeline (since she doesn't have any of her own lines I just read what the "four beauties" and "some of the women" said
nicely done, Elsie, I loved the laugh at the end, sounds really enthusiastic. You only missed a few "Ladies" lines:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please also use the full description from the MW: "Evangeline Ventris (One of Four Beauties Of the Pandora), read by Elsie Selwyn"

> at about 0:30: missed line: "Many happy returns of the day!"

> at about 0:38: missed line: "How are you, Carlton?"

thank you, now the 4 Beauties are all complete 8-)

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Kitty wrote: May 19th, 2019, 7:30 am nicely done, Elsie, I loved the laugh at the end, sounds really enthusiastic. You only missed a few "Ladies" lines:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please also use the full description from the MW: "Evangeline Ventris (One of Four Beauties Of the Pandora), read by Elsie Selwyn"

> at about 0:30: missed line: "Many happy returns of the day!"

> at about 0:38: missed line: "How are you, Carlton?"

thank you, now the 4 Beauties are all complete 8-)

Sonia
Here is the corrected Evangeline Ventris:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_evangelineventris_2_128kb.mp3

1:03
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 8:50 am Here is the corrected Evangeline Ventris:
absolutely PL ok now, Elsie, thanks so much :)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in with Stage Directions:

Pinero has outdone himself. I've finished the first edit of Act I and it comes to 44:40 :shock:
When I do the final (and probably adding a few missed lines), it will likely be a bit longer.

I have the scripts for the other Acts marked (Act 2 is nearly as long), but I'll likely need some extension on time to get them finally completed. It just takes large blocks of time. Even then it has to be done in sections. I'll see if I can do the final on Act 1 tomorrow.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: May 27th, 2019, 11:15 pm Olga, with corrected voice credit.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_olga_2_128kb.mp3
thank you, Devorah, now all PL ok :)

Sonia
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Bonjour !
Here is Gabrielle Kato, in Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_gabriellekato_2_128kb.mp3
I tried to keep my French accent on some words, but please let me know if it's too much :wink:
A bientôt !
Pauline
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PetitPoiSon wrote: May 30th, 2019, 2:35 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_gabriellekato_2_128kb.mp3
I tried to keep my French accent on some words, but please let me know if it's too much :wink:
no ! keep it, I absolutely like this touch. With that name, Gabrielle may well be a sweet charming debutante from France, trying her luck on the London stage. She's a right little coquette, especially when she wants to get a car of her own :lol: The accent is absolutely adorable and fitting here. Well done, Pauline. Looking forward to the next act.

Only here, you missed a few lines:

> at about 0:20: please insert two lines missing: "Really? Oh, you are full of news." and "Oh, I’m all right, I s’pose. Isn’t it hot?"

> at about 0:32: you missed all the "ladies" lines. We may not use all the voices in all the choruses, but it would be good if Todd had a choice of voices to select from: "Many happy returns of the day!" and "How d’ye do, Mr. Smythe?" and "How are you, Carlton?" and "Ha, ha, ha!"

thank you

Sonia